Build time?

Rooster58

Hello. New member here. Just curious if anyone knows how long it takes to build a TT at heartland? I ordered my 325ODK the last week of May. Hoping to pick it up the second week of August at the dealer in Ohio.

danemayer

Hi Rooster58,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Build time and delivery time to the dealer can vary a lot depending on time of year and how sales are going. The entire RV industry is seeing record sales this year, so it'll probably be a bit longer than for someone who bought last year, or for a winter buyer. Also, the transporters are very busy and in June in Elkhart, we saw huge numbers of trailers in parking lots, waiting to be transported to dealers.

But hopefully someone else has recently taken delivery of a travel trailer like yours and can tell you how long they waited.

Kbvols

We ordered our Bighorn on 3/15 and it was completed on 5/15 we picked up at dealer in Ohio 5/30.

What dealer are you going thru in OHIo? We used RV Wholesaler's so no delivery delays.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rooster58

Actually I misspoke. It was the last week in June that I ordered. I ordered from Couches RV nation just north of cincy. The salesman stated that heartland said that it was a projected completion date of August 1st. Let's hope. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rooster58

Build time

Hello. I asked in the general forum earlier before I found this thread. Can anyone give me an estimate on the build time for a trail runner 325ODK? I ordered mine the last week of June and the salesman said prolly around the first of August for pick up. Trying to schedule some time off work for pick up and a camping trip. Oh it's a 10 hour drive for me to get to the dealership that I bought from. Lol. They saved me a ton of money so it was worth it.

danemayer

Re: Build time

Hello. I asked in the general forum earlier before I found this thread. Can anyone give me an estimate on the build time for a trail runner 325ODK? I ordered mine the last week of June and the salesman said prolly around the first of August for pick up. Trying to schedule some time off work for pick up and a camping trip. Oh it's a 10 hour drive for me to get to the dealership that I bought from. Lol. They saved me a ton of money so it was worth it.

Merged the threads back together so answers are in one place.

If you would like to discuss with someone at the factory, better to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Trailrunner sales may be able to give you info based on the name of the dealer.

Rooster58

Re: Build time

Merged the threads back together so answers are in one place.

If you would like to discuss with someone at the factory, better to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Trailrunner sales may be able to give you info based on the name of the dealer.

Thank you so much for the info and for merging things together for me. You are awesome!!!

mikedar77

Hi, I'm brand new to this forum and I too was wondering build time of a 5th wheel. We purchased a Bighorn 3760EL on June 9th from a dealer in Ohio and was told 6-8 weeks. Does this sound right ?? Need to plan trip to go get it ??

NYSUPstater

Tho a Big Country, we too ordered thru Couch's. Was mid March when order was placed. Scheduled for production 2nd week of May. Was produced a week early and arrived at Couch's 2nd week of May and we picked it up on May 20th.

Couch's: Big Country
RV Wholesalers: Big Horn

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
8 weeks that included their July summer shutdown. We ordered ours last June, first week. PDI was the first week of August.

danemayer

Hi, I'm brand new to this forum and I too was wondering build time of a 5th wheel. We purchased a Bighorn 3760EL on June 9th from a dealer in Ohio and was told 6-8 weeks. Does this sound right ?? Need to plan trip to go get it ??

By now the dealer should have received a build confirmation including a VIN # for your Bighorn. That should show the planned build date. Full body paint adds at least 1 week and allow additional time for transport to the dealer.

NYSUPstater

6-8 weeks sounds about right. Am assuming your getting it thru RV Wholesalers. Like AP said, dealer should have VIN number and scheduled production date. Up to you, but I'd plan on making a 2 day trip to pick it up. Give the delaer a week or so to go thru it themselves, but they should let you know when it comes in or there abouts so you can make a rez at a local hotel. Ask too if you can come in as soon as they open so you can go over the coach by YOURSELVES, make a list of defects/items that need attention, THEN have service tech go over the coach w/ you and when done, go over your list w/ them. While they are taking care of your list, go sign rest of paperwork. Go back to coach and look over all the items you had on your list to see if they were taken care of. Some items may not be major one's but write them down anyways. If you feel it's something you can do yourself, ok, but have them do the major ones. Try to plan a fuel stop on way home that has a CAT scale so you can weigh w/ 5er and w/o to get true empty weights of both (after you fueled up 1st).

Rooster58

I actually spoke with Cory at heartland a few moments ago. The unit isn't on the build schedule for this month. Said it would be on the build schedule for August. He said it was too early to have a specific date right now. The build schedule with more exact dates will be out next week or so. Said I could call back and get a more solid date then. He was super nice and understood both my schedule and excitement. Haha

terribruce

retired Oregon Chapter Leaders
Just wanted to pop on and say Congratulations on your new trailer. ( well when you get it.:rolleyes:) Not sure on the build and delivery times, but there are lots of folks that will help you out on that. Welcome too, to the forum too.

Terri

mikedar77

Thank You Everyone for your input. Talked with Robert Maese today (Bighorn Rep.) and he thought unit would ship out of factory on Aug. 7, 2017 to RV Wholesalers.
I will take the suggestion to call dealer and getg VIN number and build confirmation date. Once again Thank you

Mike