Hisense Residential Refrigerator

Tzman1981

We have a 2016 Road Warrior 427 and the Hisense residential fridge stopped cooling last August. Found the evaporator was freezing up. I thawed out the evaporator and it would work fine for a few weeks. Took it to Camping World end of last year and they said they could not duplicate the complaint so they couldn't do anything. Called Hisense and they were not helpful. I finally had enough and took it apart last month and started testing things. Found one of the thermal fuses was blown. It cost me 99 cents for a new one. It's been working perfectly now. Just thought I would post in case anyone else has issues. Thanks

just as an FYI, the thermal fuses need to be installed higher up than the factory install.
Had mine replaced under warranty and the tech had instructions to install them as high as possible, but still against the coil.
factory has the thermal fuses installed about half way down,

porthole

Retired
I was told by the brand managers at the Goshen rally that the main reason with going to the Hisense brand is that Hisense is the Best Buy house brand and and you can get "at the RV" service through Best Buy.
With that option there is no reason to go to camping world for service.

Tzman1981

just as an FYI, the thermal fuses need to be installed higher up than the factory install.
Had mine replaced under warranty and the tech had instructions to install them as high as possible, but still against the coil.
factory has the thermal fuses installed about half way down,

Thanks for the info. If it blows again I will move it up higher.

Harrisiv

Does anyone have the part number for a replacement fuse and where it was purchased?

Is this the part zip tied to the left side behind the freezer panel?