Road Warrior 362 beaver tail storage

Jwill18

Just purchased a RW 362 (pick it up Friday). In all of the looking we did, we managed to miss the beaver tail storage. We are a little concerned with the bay storage differences in this model and our current 5th wheel, so any storage is precious. Does anyone have pictures of this feature? I'm excited about found space...

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

szewczyk_john

Congrats on the new Road Warrior. I do not have any pics handy and I am in a 2011 model. There is a decent amount of storage but if your ramp door is closed, this area is awkward to access. I use it for items that are not needed as often. Also when we do use those items, it usually stays out until we pack up.

Jwill18

Congrats on the new Road Warrior. I do not have any pics handy and I am in a 2011 model. There is a decent amount of storage but if your ramp door is closed, this area is awkward to access. I use it for items that are not needed as often. Also when we do use those items, it usually stays out until we pack up.
Ok. Thanks. I'm looking for storage of some things that we'll ultimately use once we get there (water hose, drop cord, etc.)...

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

TxRoadWarrior362

Make sure it's items that can get wet. It isn't water tight.

I need to look a little closer, but I think they left holes at each corner.

Lynn1130

Make sure it's items that can get wet. It isn't water tight.

But the storage is inside the garage, so unless you drive wet vehicles in that drips water all over the floor that should not be a problem. I have an 8X10 piece of outdoor carpet down on the floor when I load the UTV back in from wet or snowy roads.

TxRoadWarrior362

But the storage is inside the garage, so unless you drive wet vehicles in that drips water all over the floor that should not be a problem. I have an 8X10 piece of outdoor carpet down on the floor when I load the UTV back in from wet or snowy roads.

im talking about the underside of the metal box. After trailing thought a rain storm mine as water in it.

Lynn1130

After trailing thought a rain storm mine as water in it.

I have never had a problem with that and I certainly have been through some water. The door is not waterproof but the box itself is secure, at least in mine.

You might consider silicone sealer to close those holes.

fastcarsspeed

We throw our straps in there after unstrapping the atv or golf cart. Really don't think it is useful for anything more than that.

szewczyk_john

If I remember correctly one of our first trips, we fit 5 refrigerator cases of soda under one door. My box does not get wet. so there is one box under 2 separate doors in our unit.

avvidclif

I use mine for the stuff you haul and seldom need. Air compressor, spare tiedowns, extra power cords, lights etc. The best thing I ever did was follow a suggestion from on here and reversed the door. It now opens toward the ramp and is a lot easier to manage when the ramp is up.

Jwill18

I use mine for the stuff you haul and seldom need. Air compressor, spare tiedowns, extra power cords, lights etc. The best thing I ever did was follow a suggestion from on here and reversed the door. It now opens toward the ramp and is a lot easier to manage when the ramp is up.
That's a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

pjones1969

That is a great idea, that ramp door coating gets rough on the knees real quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxRoadWarrior362

excellant idea!

porthole

Retired
reversed the door. It now opens toward the ramp and is a lot easier to manage when the ramp is up.

I have the original version which has two doors, almost spanning the whole length of the bin. I tried reversing the doors but is was almost useless then as that put the door directly under either the golf cart or motorcycle and it couldn't be opened at all..