Bicycle covers

kbausano

The wife and I just purchased new bikes to bring along with us (electric assist - really fun!), and plan to hang them off our 2" hitch on the back of the Bighorn.

My question: anyone using bike covers such as these or similar, while hung on the rack and on the road? Do you find covers of value, from possible dirt and debris kicked up behind your rig?

062d412419b26aea1b0bf5499caf247a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alan_B

We are still figuring out the bike rack and have not yet moved on to bike covers.

Did you have a custom 2" receiver added to the Bighorn? What bike rack are you using? No issues so far?

thanks

kbausano

Yes on the 2" hitch. We are researching the small number of racks capable of handling the increased weight (up to 60 lbs each) of electric bikes.

So we are still newbies on hauling bikes behind our 5er

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greengas

I know this thread started last July but I have the same initial question. Does anyone use a bike cover when putting their bikes on a hitch on the back of their trailer?

jbeletti

I know this thread started last July but I have the same initial question. Does anyone use a bike cover when putting their bikes on a hitch on the back of their trailer?

Ronn - I almost always used a cover. When driving in rain/snow, a lot of crud gets kicked up back there. Be sure to buy a cover that is rated for towing. Many are not.

Greengas

Ronn - I almost always used a cover. When driving in rain/snow, a lot of crud gets kicked up back there. Be sure to buy a cover that is rated for towing. Many are not.

Thanks Jim.

Do you have a brand or model you recommend?

By the way, the Ford Trailer Backup Camera works great! Almost don't need Sarah anymore for backing in. ;)