Stop loosing fresh water ?

timk

What I find a little frustrating is that I cant just look under the floor and see whats going on.

In a previous thread I think Scott mentioned that the water tank vents are required by code. Well, perhaps big brother doesn't always know best.

From reading the previous posts, it appears there are 4 vents in the fresh water tank, all of which vent threw the top of the tank. Three run out threw the underbelly. And if I am guessing correctly the fourth vents just beside the fill tube.

So... why cant we just plug the three that run out below the floor, and live happily ever after?

Any opinions??

Thanks
TimK

HTWT

HTWT
Loosing Fresh Water

timk

If you are referring to my initial post in April 05 and then subsequent replies about loosing fresh water…

After I fill the tank and then cap the three drain tubes I am able to travel with a full tank and when I get there it’s still full. I have found that if I don’t take the caps off after the first day of using the water tank it creates a vacuum, I don’t know why, have not yet seen a schematic of the plumbing. It really doesn’t bother me now, I’ve created a work-around that works. If something goes wrong, well I guess I’ll just fix it and press on. D & I are able to last 5 days without running out of water, with both of us taking a shower each day. We might even be able to last longer but have not had the opportunity to try it yet. Take care and have a happy new year, HTWT.

timk

HTWT

Yes I believe it was your post I was refering to.

One thing I dont understand; Why would a vacumn be created? On our rig there is a vent tube right beside the filler hose. When I am filling the tank it sounds like its trying to expell excess air and it gurgles a bit. I would think this vent would prevent any negative pressure. On our last rig it was the only vent and it worked just fine.

Do you have that same vent tube on your rig? Perhaps its kinked somewhere up in the great black void we cant see.

Thanks
TimK

HTWT

HTWT
timk,

Yes, I have the vent and I do hear air escaping when I fill however I have left the caps on more than one day and when I opened them the next day there was a vacuum from one of them, I don't understand it either but it works for me. The only thing I’m going to try and do is try and change the caps to ¼ turn valves, got the idea from replies to this post . //heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon14.gif HTWT