Which Is The Black Water Gate Valve

guartok

When i am looking at the sewer outlet on my Pioneer BH270 which valve is for the Black Water? Left or Right?

Am i must missing the label... otherwise it would be nice if you labeled these either on them or in the manual... not the kind of thing i want to take a 50/50 on

Thank you,
Bryan

Kinguni

Left will be the grey tank, right will be the black. The toilet drains directly into the black tank which puts the black tank at the rear.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Two other ways to tell . . .

Chances are that one of the drain handles is black and the other gray

Plus, the gray tank pipe (right) coming into the drain (where the two handles are) has a smaller pipe than the black tank drain pipe (left).

Here is ours:

ProwlerDrainCap-P3290012.jpg

Kinguni

Also, you could just 1/2 fill a tank and leave the other tank empty, then use that to figure out which tank is which.
It's easy to figure out on travel trailers with setups like ours. Black tank is the rear because the toilet is in the rear and on top of the black tank.

This is a great question. Had I never of used a camper before I would not know either. We just bought a BH270 as well and found that ours are labeled wrong. The gray(grey) water tank is the left side and our black is the right side. But the labels are switched. We normally would empty our tanks black first then gray. Imagine our surprise when grey came out first. It's not a big deal per say. Just annoying that the attention to detail isn't there.

With the other issues we are having with it, I may have been better off just staying tent camping. At least if my Coleman tent had issues I could call Coleman and they would send me new parts, no questions asked. Here it seems like a lot more hassle to get anything addressed.

From the LP gas lines, to plumbing not draining, fridge not working, wires hanging every time the slide moves in and out. trim pieces not installed properly. Door bumpers falling off while driving. I have no idea how this unit passed a quality assurance.

John

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
This is a great question. Had I never of used a camper before I would not know either. We just bought a BH270 as well and found that ours are labeled wrong. The gray(grey) water tank is the left side and our black is the right side. But the labels are switched. We normally would empty our tanks black first then gray. Imagine our surprise when grey came out first. It's not a big deal per say. Just annoying that the attention to detail isn't there.

With the other issues we are having with it, I may have been better off just staying tent camping. At least if my Coleman tent had issues I could call Coleman and they would send me new parts, no questions asked. Here it seems like a lot more hassle to get anything addressed.

From the LP gas lines, to plumbing not draining, fridge not working, wires hanging every time the slide moves in and out. trim pieces not installed properly. Door bumpers falling off while driving. I have no idea how this unit passed a quality assurance.

John

Did you special order your unit of buy it off of the lot?

We had the same exact question about the handles.
Both of ours are marked Grey water.
We are very disappointed with our RG28 Pioneer, and the service at Camping World is terrible.
I hope that someone from Heartland monitors this forum. I don't know where to turn next.
Have had the camper 2 months.
1. Shower hose pulled out of the tub faucet, first weekend out.
2. hot water tank would not heat with electric.
3. Shower tub is not braced well, and flexes a great deal when showering.
4. Fresh water tank 1.5" fill hose has a cut in it and we get water all over the floor. This tube is very very thin plastic.
5. Seat support braces are put together with wire staples. Had to add several screws to keep the seat from falling in.
6. Front bedroom window emergency window latch pulled through while travelling, and the window was flapping like a bird wing.

I have a 2018 BH270. My handles are both black with no markings as to which is which. I figured it out and just tell myself "Back is black". Kinda rhymes.

Our RG28 is also 2 black handles and marked with the one closest to the wheels "Grey water tank #1" and the rear tank is labeled "Grey water tank #2" Which is actually the black water tank.

It is very confusing if you don't use it often and have to remember.

We also had a massive water cleanup mess the first time we connected park water to the trailer. We had a regulator and a filter already on it so it wasn't over pressure, but inside the cabinet under the sink the host connection wasn't even on the nozzle. I had to pull the connector out of the side of the trailer and seal it tight and then fix some similar issues under the cabinet drawers. Pretty messy under there and wasn't well thought out.

I always say " You can never go wrong by doing right" since the right handle is the black water handle ;);) maybe that should be "do-doing right" :)

SCPOSWRET

I always say " You can never go wrong by doing right" since the right handle is the black water handle ;);) maybe that should be "do-doing right" :)

Pio RL250 = Black is on the Right and Grey is on the left. Not sure about other models but I believe that the vast majority are the same configuration.