Island has fallen

anclayton

Has anyone ever had the island in the kitchen fall off it's supports? We discovered one end was reseting right on the floor when we set up at the last campground. The local RV technician put 3 feet of two by two boards under each side to keep it in place while we finish a cross Canada trip.

wdk450

Are you talking about the countertop on the island?? If so, this is the first time I have heard of something like that in my 8 years of being on this forum.

Sorry, downloaded images that I deleted on edit, don't come up as deleted on final save. Please ignore the images.

Attachments

• metal wall anchor.jpg
    metal wall anchor.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 27
  • metal corner bracket.jpg
    metal corner bracket.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 26

anclayton

Are you talking about the countertop on the island?? If so, this is the first time I have heard of something like that in my 8 years of being on this forum.

Sorry, downloaded images that I deleted on edit, don't come up as deleted on final save. Please ignore the images.

No not just the countertop. The whole island sunk about two inches on one end and was sitting directly on the floor. It pushed the bottom of the sink cupboard up until the staples were coming out!

wdk450

Has anyone ever had the island in the kitchen fall off it's supports? We discovered one end was reseting right on the floor when we set up at the last campground. The local RV technician put 3 feet of two by two boards under each side to keep it in place while we finish a cross Canada trip.

Anclayton:

It sounds like you possibly have major issues with the subfloor and underlying components. It would be to your benefit to get some pictures WITHOUT the repair boards in place propping up the island. I would call Heartland Service ASAP (have your VIN # as that is how they file your rig's history), arrange with the service advisor to email them your photos. Find an RV repairer (hopefully OTHER than a dealer) you are comfortable with, have Heartland authorize the warranty repair, and get the rig inspected and permanently fixed.

CDN

B and B

Hello I had ro screw the garbage can support back on. Many staples went no where so they unloaded the staple gun to find some framing underneath. I screwed the bottom of the cabinet to the floor subframe. Doesn't sound too serious but if under warranty should be fixed right.

anclayton

We bought the rig second hand and are in BC, Canada. When we finally got back to BC from our cross Canada trip we got an RV repair guy to look at it and he screwed and glued it into place. He said the Island (which is very heavy!) was only stapled to the support structure. The rough roads caused the staples to give way! Not my idea of quality construction on the part of Heartland!