View Full Version : Ordered 3600 but only days from walking away from Heartland

01-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Looking for some good advice before I cancel my pending order due to poor customer service....

.....I'll try to keep this as short as possible so I will be leaving out many of the smaller details..... I am trying this as a last resort before canceling my order. I plan on making a choice by the end of this week.

On December 13th I was told by my dealer that if I placed my order during the weekend of Dec16th I would be able to receive my 3600 sometime in the last 2 weeks of January. Multiple dealers were stating that custom ordered trailers were taking 5 or 6 weeks to deliver so this sounded pretty resonable. I then checked with my finance company and had a loan approved for the amount I needed to purchase the new trailer and also get me out of my motorhome (yes I am upside down). This loan agreement is good until the first week of Feb. and includes paying off my previous loan after trading in my motorhome. Dec 16th I order my trailer knowing that it was financed and expected that the only issue would be the waiting game. I had spent 14 months finding the right trailer, buying the right pickup truck and arranging the financing the way I need to. At this point I felt we were in the final phase of putting our rig together. Back to reality...Currently I am now going into the 3rd week of trying to obtain a delivery date from my dealer. The story changes everytime I speak with them. The last story was that we are looking at sometime in mid to late Feb, but the dealer could not even explain what this date means..... does it mean the date to start building our trailer?? rolling out of the factory?? delivered to the dealer?? or delivered to the customer?? If I keep waiting on the dealer to fumble through this I will lose the financing that I (not the dealer) had previously arranged. Arranging new financing that will also payoff my motorhome loan is an issue due to the negative equity (we have tried 3 times but the negative equity kills the deal). As I have gone through this process I have also found the dealer to be a very poor source of information. This has lower my confidence/trust level with the dealer. As an example he was not aware of any of the mid year changes such as the colors, floor plans, (many more), etc...[I had to make the dealer aware of the changes and his logic for not knowing was very lame] and his story changes with every conversation. Currently I have tasked the dealer to get me an acceptable delivery date by this coming wednesday (1-4-06) or I will cancel my order and I will purchase my alternate 5th wheel choice (it's not a Heartland Bighorn) off of another lot from another manufacturer. Is there anyone at Heartland that I can talk to about this (who would be willing to try an resolve the issues promptly.... would they be willing to transfer my order to a different dealer). Other dealers tell me that currently it only takes about 5 to 6 weeks to deliver (I'm now going into the 3 week with no progress or delivery date). If the dealer comes up with an acceptable date, is there a way to confirm this date with Heartland (I have lost a lot of trust in my dealer due to his lack of knowledge, how this deal has been handled so far.... Currently I would have an issue trusting a date without knowing the factory supports the delivery date). The dealer also keeps blaming the factory and the Rep.... is this really the case??? He claims he has tried to work with the factory and they are not sure of delivery and manufacturing dates yet. They are still planning production schedules. I have also been told by the dealer that the Rep is very new. If this is the case shouldn't the dealer escalate this issue rather than lose a deal for Heartland.

I do not want to mention the dealers name currently as I am trying to be fair and give them a chance to do the right thing and resolve the concerns.

Is a single deal important enough to Heartland for someone to take ownership of the issues and attempt to resolve them. If so.... who would be the right person to contact? .... Or they can contact me at 937-238-2302.

Who can I talk with to get accurate information ???

Can this deal/customer be saved ??? Currently we are in the process of wasting the third week....

Hoping (Trying) to be a new Big Horn owner....

01-03-2006, 04:10 PM
Try contacting Heartland directly. I know someone from the factory will answer you on here, but it may take a few days longer than you want to wait. So, here is the contact info for the Bighorn division.

Coley Brady
Heartland RV
1001 All-Pro Drive
Elkhart, IN 46414
Phone: 574-266-8726
Fax: 574-266-8702

To quote Scott from a previous post:

He is in the Bighorn division, right there at their production facility with the engineer. He will be able to get you all the up to date info you need.

01-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Coley and I both have called the number listed in an attempt to reach him.


01-03-2006, 04:31 PM
I knew you would, just wasn't sure if it would be soon enough for dap. I know things can get busy for you.

01-09-2006, 05:49 PM
;) The short version. Apparently the confusion was between my salesperson and my sales Rep. My sales rep did not think I was serious about the need to close this deal by a certain time due to financing and vactaion plans. He felt that everyone wants the trailer delivered as quickly as possible (and he is probably right). After he found out how the consquences of not closing the deal he went into action. While he was doing that I was making calls to the factory (per Cheryl's suggestion). Not only did Brady return my call (once I gave him the correct phone number) but so did Jack (I was told that he was one of the owners). By Wednesday or Thursday the sales rep was following up and so were Coley and Jack. They worked out a schedule and a plan that should solve the issues. In short "YES" Heartland is a company that is focused on customer service and yes you can reach a person rather than a recording in a reasonable time frame. I would like to Thank My Brady, Jack, Cheryl and my sale rep for addressing the issue and making some adjustments to resolve the issues in such a timely mannor.

01-09-2006, 09:25 PM
:) Way to go guys its nice to know that HARTLAND does care Keep up the good work. Looking foreward to seeing yall in Tampa.

12-08-2006, 05:14 PM
yes, Mr Brady is a keeper!