New TPMS

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Finally, after almost 7 years, I installed a TST507SQ this morning. I feel better/safer already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

Finally, after almost 7 years, I installed a TST507SQ this morning. I feel better/safer already!

Awesome!!!

I just walk past the trailer now...look at tires and no longer have that sinking feeling the tires are low (why do they always look that way JUST before you're ready to leave!!). Now I just turn on the TST507 and presto...I know the pressure of all 10 tires. Sooooooooooooooooo nice!!!!

On a side note...my wife kinda gets a kick out of watching it while we're driving down the road. :cool:

PondSkum

So I see everyone hyping up the sensors, but wondering if anyone can shed some light on how they really help while towing. I understand you can check the pressures and make sure they are good. But what do the tires do right before they blow out?? Does pressure drop suddenly, or does it go up? Is there enough time between the time you see the pressure change to react before it blows? I have factory TPMS on my truck, and I check it frequently while I'm towing, but I really don't know what I'm supposed to look for to be concerned with other than a tire dropping pressure or raising pressure more than the rest.

Oregon_Camper

So I see everyone hyping up the sensors, but wondering if anyone can shed some light on how they really help while towing. I understand you can check the pressures and make sure they are good. But what do the tires do right before they blow out?? Does pressure drop suddenly, or does it go up? Is there enough time between the time you see the pressure change to react before it blows? I have factory TPMS on my truck, and I check it frequently while I'm towing, but I really don't know what I'm supposed to look for to be concerned with other than a tire dropping pressure or raising pressure more than the rest.

My understanding is you're looking for a rapid increase or decrease in pressure (or heat). This will indicate a problem and you can pull over ASAP.

Without any notification, your tire will (at some point soon) have a failure and then the side of the trailer normally gets taken out with it....sometimes brake lining....possible landing gear/fluid.

Think of it this way...if you're driving and your trailer tire somehow get a bolt/nail/etc in it...it will start to lose pressure. If you're driving, you will never see this until you pull over. As that tire gets lower and lower PSI, it will at some point come off the wheel...that will not end well for you or anyone behind you.

Will this save you 100% of the time...no chance. Will it give you a fighting chance to pull over and save a possible blowout and damage to your RV...Yep.

PondSkum

I just had a blowout Friday and tore up the side of my RW. Would definitely like to do what I can to avoid that again.