Dead Suntraxx retractable screen

Hello,
Just picked up my 2017 5th wheel last week. Retractable screen didn't make it through the first trip. Went up and down 3-4 times and then got stuck down. I connected it directly to a 12v source and nothing. Remote lights just flash red. No sounds or movement from the screen motor. Anyone else have trouble with theirs?

Thought maybe there was some sort of motor reset of something.

Thanks in advance,
Jon

Last edited:
Hello,
Just picked up my 2017 5th wheel last week. Retractable screen didn't make it through the first trip. Went up and down 3-4 times and then got stuck down. I connected it directly to a 12v source and nothing. Remote lights just flash red. No sounds or movement from the screen motor. Anyone else have trouble with theirs?

Thought maybe there was some sort of motor reset of something.

Thanks in advance,
Jon

I have this same same problem with my first time out and was wondering if you found out what the problem is? It is almost like it needs to reset somehow.

jjohnson

Same problem... anyone know how to reset the suntraxx screen? Not having any luck finding anything online anywhere. Very frustating.

Kimmh012

Our Suntraxx died.
Have you found parts?
We cannot find replacement parts. It says SunTraxxRV, nothing found when we Goggle... hmmmm
2c1ee03dc67533a02d7625ae5e5f6272.jpg
1c48a9a89592e651a59feb6ffb55c276.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We had the same issue, just stopped working. When i checked out the side with the motor, the felt strip got pulled up into the device and broke the power wires. I was able to reconnect and will work a little but won't retract back up all the way just about 2 feet. I was hoping to also find something more about the manufacture to determine how to address and get it to properly work again?

wdk450

I suggest all posters with these problems call Heartland RVs Service department with your VIN at the ready. If nothing else, they should have contact info for vendor Suntraxx.

On edit: I did a Google search on Suntraxx RV and got some You Tube videos on the product from a company called Stoett Industries, 800-431-2986 , www.stoett.com

I suggest all posters with these problems call Heartland RVs Service department with your VIN at the ready. If nothing else, they should have contact info for vendor Suntraxx.

On edit: I did a Google search on Suntraxx RV and got some You Tube videos on the product from a company called Stoett Industries, 800-431-2986 , www.stoett.com

I called Heartland today and was told I need to replace the entire unit. They no longer use them. I was advised Heartland parts has a manual replacement unit that would replace the suntraxx. They were very helpful. I think I will disassemble it and see if I can make it a manual screen myself.

Dahillbilly

removing the SunTraxx Rv screen from our RV, installing 3 Season Patio Door Kit; perfect working condition, if interested in buying contact me!!

removing the SunTraxx Rv screen from our RV, installing 3 Season Patio Door Kit; perfect working condition, if interested in buying contact me!!

Thanks for the offer. I ended repairing mine with a blind motor from Amazon. I'd love to hear about the Patio door you landed on however. Thinking we may want to go that route as well. I you don't mind let me know make model and if possible purchase price. Sounds like a great upgrade.

Thanks Eric

Dahillbilly

Thanks for the offer. I ended repairing mine with a blind motor from Amazon. I'd love to hear about the Patio door you landed on however. Thinking we may want to go that route as well. I you don't mind let me know make model and if possible purchase price. Sounds like a great upgrade.

Thanks Eric
Eric just picked up the door kit last Friday, thinking we paid around $1800.00 with shipping will have to look that up as we ordered it late last summer. Have a 2018 Torque 327 5th wheel. I contacted Heartland & they confirmed the garage walls had the supports for the 3 Season Patio Kit. Had to order via a RV dealer as Lippert will not sell to an individual. Now to install it myself.
Robert

Thanks Eric
Hi Eric— our screen will only go up and not down. What motor did you find on Amazon?

gbouldin

I have a 2017 Torque with one of these. Can someone please post a photo of the remote control or whatever you use to control the screen up and down function.

Dahillbilly

I have a 2017 Torque with one of these. Can someone please post a photo of the remote control or whatever you use to control the screen up and down function.
ours has a remote control and a control mounted on the garage wall driver side. Will have to look for the remote control tommow