Water Pump Issue ? Not Constant.

lucey

I have a 2013 Cyclone 3800. I'm not 100% which pump I have but it seems when on shore power and drawing water with the pump the water surges and is not constant out the tap. However when I flush toilets the water is steady. Also when I use the hot water only in the kitchen and rear bathroom it is normal. When using the cold it surges and once again is not constant. In the front bathroom and shower hot or cold it surges. If I turn on both front bathroom sink and shower the pump ramps up and the flow is constant. Can anyone shed some light to why this happens ? The water tank is full. Thoughts ?

larawell

According to my suggestion.
Drain cleaning problems in pipelines.
If proper drain cleaning water pressure is increased and if any other problems found after a complete survey of pipelines.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
A good place to start for most any issue with the water pump is the screen filter attached to the pump. If you've not located the pump yet, start out by taking down the basement wall panel nearest the UDC.

danemayer

I have a 2013 Cyclone 3800. I'm not 100% which pump I have but it seems when on shore power and drawing water with the pump the water surges and is not constant out the tap. However when I flush toilets the water is steady. Also when I use the hot water only in the kitchen and rear bathroom it is normal. When using the cold it surges and once again is not constant. In the front bathroom and shower hot or cold it surges. If I turn on both front bathroom sink and shower the pump ramps up and the flow is constant. Can anyone shed some light to why this happens ? The water tank is full. Thoughts ?

Lucey,

If the pump cycles ON and delivers good water pressure , then slows, causing the water out of the faucet to slow down, then speeds up, it may be that the pump's pressure switch is activating because pressure is building up.

You may just have some crud at the faucets, causing a restriction in water flow. If you're not using a water filter, this is more likely. If you disassemble the kitchen faucet, first block the drain so you don't lose any parts that get dropped. Then as you take the parts out, lay them on the counter in order and in the same orientation as they came out. Take a picture with your phone in case the parts get disturbed while cleaning them. It's easy to lose track of what goes where. If you find crud, you'll have to do the same in other locations.

You'll also want to take down the basement wall to see those plumbing lines and look for a kink or other situation restricting water flow.

The pump itself could be the problem. If the pressure switch is kicking in when it's not supposed to, you could get these results.

lucey

My money is on the pump. When you open one more tap it kicks into high flow and works fine. Other times the taps work fine and then the next minute not so much. Im sure this is a Sureflo deal. Any other better pumps out there ? Cheers