Mud Daubers

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Came back to the site yesterday and saw the little buggers flying into the upper refer vent. Went out about 0600 this morning, removed the cover and found a nest the size of a baseball with them crawling on it. Couple of shots of spray and they are no more. Going to put screening over the vent openings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gary521

I think we just had a discussion about this on another thread. Screens will inhibit air flow and hurt fridge operation . Add fans to blow out. I have screens on mine and the added fans work.

sengli

I put the camco brand screens on mine, and so far I havent noticed any issues with my fridge. Granted mine rig has the 8 cubic foot fridge.

JohnDar

I put the camco brand screens on mine, and so far I havent noticed any issues with my fridge. Granted mine rig has the 8 cubic foot fridge.

The screen material I was able to get at the local hardware is 1/4" squares. Bigger than I wanted but stiff enough to form. Used small cable zip ties to hold it in place. Wanted something in there until I can get the Camco ones. The way that compartment is designed, restricting air flow is the least of my concerns. They said putting a dauber screen on the furnace was taboo, but in 9 years, it has not been a problem. Put a dauber screen on the water heater exhaust today, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

If yours is like mine, the water heater has a louvered vent too. Cover that too.

I did. Added some of the screen material to the back side. I have enough material left over that I might double layer the screens I made to cut the openings down to about 1/8". Whole project only cost $5.00 for the screening and a pack of short zip ties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk