Poll for Our 2018 Ohio Rally

I would consider attending the Ohio Rally in 2018, but only if:

• Full Hook Up sites (must have sewer at site)

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Sites that offer 50 amp service (Not using adapters for 30 amp)

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Pull Through Sites (no back in sites)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • it's in a non KOA campground

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Site fee is under $40/night

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Campground has a pool

• The Rally was on different dates

• Rally is close to things to do/see in the area

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Our 2018 Ohio Rally is going to be August 17-19. With the way the rest of the Region is set up, it's the best date for us in between the popular Wisconsin Rally and the popular Michigan Rally. I'm in the process of vetting a few places as options for 2018.

It's tough in Ohio (and a few states) finding a campground that can accommodate 15-20 rigs over 30+ feet in length, or that will let us hold 15-20 spaces through April. Most campgrounds are summer retreats for campers to put their rigs there in April and move them in October.

I have found a few campgrounds that are of interest, but I want to put a poll out there. What would be a make or break factor for you coming to the Ohio Rally (or any rally for that fact) in 2018? I've heard from a few of you over the years, but I want to get a feel for items that make you decide whether or not to attend a rally.

Click on the items that you would deem as "have to have" in a campground for attending our Rally.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Thank You for all your efforts and concerns to make your Rallies fun and accommodating.

Kbvols

Hi Bob and Connie

I know there are alot of great places in Ohio unfortunately we have not been to very many. The only thing I can think of is Loudonville the Mohican river is there with day Canoe/kayak/tubing trips. The area is also close to the Amish area.

That is all we can think of for now. Will let you know if we think of something else.

kkamshop

Bob, none of those poll items are "deal breakers" for us. We will put this on our schedule and hopefully be able to make it next year.
The Mohican river is an awesome weekend, but finding a campground that will have 15-20 sites in the area will be a BIG challenge. We just got home from a weekend at Smiths Campground on the river and as usual it was lots of fun but they were absolutely sold out for the weekend.

Whatever you pick will be ok with us.

simsfmly

Bob, none of those poll items are "deal breakers" for us. We will put this on our schedule and hopefully be able to make it next year.
The Mohican river is an awesome weekend, but finding a campground that will have 15-20 sites in the area will be a BIG challenge. We just got home from a weekend at Smiths Campground on the river and as usual it was lots of fun but they were absolutely sold out for the weekend.

Whatever you pick will be ok with us.

Ken, great to hear from you. Thanks for your input.

That's a huge problem. Most of the areas I want to go don't have any transient parks. They all make their money on seasonal sites. The ones that I'm hearing from, have sites BUT with the caveats I've listed here (not many 50 amp, only back ins, no pool, etc.)

Got to be something we can do better. Wisconsin the week before us has 40+ rigs, Michigan the week after us has 30+. I know they must have the same problems finding campgrounds.

szewczyk_john

Just curious is this poll just for your Ohio chapter members or open to all? I think this is the reason that you have not gotten a lot of replies.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
You at right Bob. Over the 5 years we have done this it has become significantly harder to book large groups in Michigan. More restrictive rules and early cutoff dates are two of the biggest. I had one that wanted a cutoff date of March 1st for our August rally. We fortunately have some large rv parks here although many of them have become more and more seasonal. Good Luck. As far as us attending it is more a matter of scheduling than the park. If we can make it we will be there.

simsfmly

Appreciate those of you who have participated in the poll. Given us some good insight into "what's important", even though it's a small sample size.

simsfmly

Was hoping to have an announcement about a 2018 Rally campground. Because of Hurricane Harvey, we've had to push back our departure date for Texas (through SW Ohio), so I'm going to be about a month delayed getting down there to see this property.

Those of you in SW Ohio, I need your help. Olive Branch Campground in Oregonia. Anyone been there?

Got good reviews everywhere I look, the Forest River group held a rally there, all 50 amp sites. Price is decent (but non refundable deposit) with "Back in sites are $39.50 per night and pull-through’s are $44.84 per night (both include tax). Our only discount is for active military service men and women."

Need to know if anyone has an opinion on this place. If you do, let me know.