M26- Did I get a lemon?

Purchased new in feb of this year and had to take it back after 10 days or so cause of all kinds of cosmetic issues. Only 1 part needed replacing and the rest was easily fixed in house. The door that needed replacing under warranty was denied by camping world later to find out they didn't turn it in but instead wrote denied on the paperwork. Thanks to Jeff at Heartland it was remedied. Est delivery was the day we were leaving in may for vacation. So after a rather vocal discussion they fixed the cosmetics and shipped me the door later.

First trip out in may moulding fell off in several places and the wallpaper around the tub was starting to bubble.

Second trip mid July by the time we got to the end of our 7 hour drive more moulding fell off. Interior bedroom sliding doors screws pulled out and they fell off. Grey tank handle is somewhere on the highway. And the bathroom door doesn't close anymore no matter how I level the trailer.

So now calling all different places for repair, cause I no longer trust camping world, won't touch it cause I didn't buy it from them or they tell me there primary concern are there customers until the off season of November and then I can make an appointment. You would think people would want.

At the rate this is going it will be out of warranty. Granted it hasn't been anything major but I'd like to enjoy it and not have to make 3 hr round trips to have it worked on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrz

I've had a lot of success by calling Heartland directly and then calling local service. Local service tech fixed my RV, I paid him, and Heartland reimbursed me. The key is call Heartland first, explain your issues and they will work with you.:cool:

Oregon_Camper

Man...sorry to hear about the all the issues.

I know you probably won't want to do this, but you might want to still do a Pre-Deliver Inspection and document all the issues you have. Then get them in front of an authorized repair facility other than Camping World.

You can google for a PDI, or click on the link in my signature to download mine. You'll need about 4 hours to complete mine.

What sad is in the 10 yrs we owned our Fleetwood tent trailer my total investment was repacking the wheel bearings twice and 1 set of tires and I only replaced those cause of age. Other than those items we didn't have to put a dime into or repair anything on it.

I guess my expectations on quality were higher on the $30k we spent.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The RV industry is booming, there's a shortfall of skilled labor, and they are producing 11-15 units a day. I'm sure dealerships are also crazy busy and aren't spending time doing PDIs before selling them, either.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
So sorry to hear about your struggles. While we have not had those issues with our current rig so far, we went and looked at a 2017 Big Country yesterday that looked much like you described is happening to yours. There was molding falling off every where, none of the bathroom and bedroom doors would latch, cabinet doors in the kitchen were already falling off, there was a big piece of rubber laying on the floor under the kitchen slide, some of the kitchen drawers would not stay closed, and you could feel loose trim on almost all of the slides. This is just spending about 45 minutes looking through it and not a PDI. Needless to say we just walked away. I hope this current rv boom is not creating a huge quality issue where there was already a quality issue.

Keep talking to Heartland and I am sure they will help you get your issues resolved.

So I've made the appointment with the company I do not trust. The conversation didn't go well at all. I listed all the defects but was basically told to bad since it was past some 90 day rule. I told him it didn't matter since the trailer was under manufacture warranty and my extended warranty was with them. My final words was the black tank leaks and the tank sprayer doesn't work. Enjoy.

My next call was to the salesman who was upset with my dealings with the service dept. Again he told me to come see him first when I bring it in on the 19th and all problems will be addressed and taken care of. Let's hope so.

Mrz

I would be very interested to hear more about your black tank issues as I have been having ongoing black tank issues.

I dropped it off at the dealer. Service tech made it sound like none of it will be covered but waiting to hear what they say. My salesman calls BS and says it should all be covered. We walked through 6 new mallards on there lot and all had some of the interior trim falling off. Most tub surrounds were pulling from the walls and we found 1 that wasn't even caulked.

As far as the sliding doors go he told me that they fall off sometimes and the bends in the track were to hold the doors in the open position. The new ones on the lot weren't like that.

klp605

Follow up with Heartland. They are there to help and support you.

Black Tank: Our flush is not working. You can hear a slight trickle of water go into the tank but the water just soaks you at the connection. After speaking with Heartland warranty department, they informed me that the final piece in the tank requires glue to put on and their workers are known to use too much glue. Warranty was frustrated when explaining it to me. Warranty has been absolutely AMAZING!!

If you go to the service desk at CW, request the Word Order history for your camper. It is a report that tells everything that has been submitted to Heartland, if it was approved, it it was fixed, etc. Similar to a work order history for a vehicle. Then you know if there is something missing that you presented to them and/or if CW is pulling your leg. Heartland will also answer any questions you may have after viewing Work Order history. Heartland has even called our service department on our behalf as Heartland wasn't happy with what was taking place.

Heartland warranty has been amazing, they really have. Hope you get the support you need.

Purchased new in feb of this year and had to take it back after 10 days or so cause of all kinds of cosmetic issues. Only 1 part needed replacing and the rest was easily fixed in house. The door that needed replacing under warranty was denied by camping world later to find out they didn't turn it in but instead wrote denied on the paperwork. Thanks to Jeff at Heartland it was remedied. Est delivery was the day we were leaving in may for vacation. So after a rather vocal discussion they fixed the cosmetics and shipped me the door later.

First trip out in may moulding fell off in several places and the wallpaper around the tub was starting to bubble.

Second trip mid July by the time we got to the end of our 7 hour drive more moulding fell off. Interior bedroom sliding doors screws pulled out and they fell off. Grey tank handle is somewhere on the highway. And the bathroom door doesn't close anymore no matter how I level the trailer.

So now calling all different places for repair, cause I no longer trust camping world, won't touch it cause I didn't buy it from them or they tell me there primary concern are there customers until the off season of November and then I can make an appointment. You would think people would want.

At the rate this is going it will be out of warranty. Granted it hasn't been anything major but I'd like to enjoy it and not have to make 3 hr round trips to have it worked on.

Sorry to hear about all of these issues. We've been lucky with our M26. However, I almost lost my tank handles too. I just happened to notice it half-way on a trip from Houston to Salem. We were in Moab for a few days and the handle for my grey tank fell off in my hand. A little locktite took care of that issue. From Moab to Oregon and back to Houston and the handles are both still there. I had screws falling off on our previous camper. Nothing like that in this M26...yet!

carl.swoyer

I think dealership's don't really care to do a quality pdi. I say this because they know what's going on with warranty claims and the make a ton of money.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

No you didn't get a lemon. What you got was typical production line quota Rv. I spent my first 10 months in a service bay to include a trip to the factory to get things right. While at the factory they put me in a very nice hotel. I purchased a extended warranty two days before my Landmark Rushmore factory ran out.
Cornerstone Extended Warranty for five years was excellent. Cost $1800.00 and cornerstone extended warranty paid out over 10 thousands dollars.
Very legitimate company, they inspected and if it doesn't work they fixed it. Always went to my dealer for extended warranty so I had a zero deductable.

So I take it I probably got screwed by getting a camping world aka good sam extended warranty rather than one from heartland.

carl.swoyer

I forgot to mention my 2012 Landmark Rushmore fifth wheel is solid. Once the bug are worked out it's only maintainance and upkeep. Good luck
7ca52596df13fe7a3549ae1acf68eb00.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
So I take it I probably got screwed by getting a camping world aka good sam extended warranty rather than one from heartland.

Heartland doesn't sell warranties. All warranties beyond the one year (or two year with Landmark) are with warranty companies. You have to read the fine print to know what is covered and what is not.

carl.swoyer

Not saying you got screwed, not at all.
However you may have an opportunity to cancel and receive a refund if you're not happy with it. Research cornerstone extended warranty and compare it with what you have. General RV sells cornerstone. I'm personally very happy with them. Just look at all your option's.

Well I got the call saying the trailer was completed except the replacement door didn't match in color. So I simply stated it wasn't complete. He said I could take it until the door came in but I told him I'll come get it once it's completed. I said it's not worth the 4 hrs of driving to pick it up and bring it back to have it put on.