Relief vent on roof...

Sierra66

A few weeks ago, while treated the roof and noticed a toilet type vent towards the front of the rig. I took it off and noticed the hole goes straight into the "plenum" that would be the air path the AC unit pressurizes. Is this some kind of pressure relief vent? Im thinking of closing it up. The distribution is terrible throughout the camper as it is.

Ill try and get some pics later on. Also I have not had a chance to run the fan and feel if air actually comes out of there.

Thanks.

Sierra66

That's the one! So I should probably just leave this be then huh? I wonder if there is another one on the opposite end..and I can add a small fan so there is a slight forced air flow...Just me over engineering things as usual.

gregw

Not trying to stir up anything. Usually an attic vent doesn't go into a HVAC supply or return plenum. If you run the AC and cold air is blowing out that hole I would think there is a problem.

Sierra66

I agree. I haven't tested that yet but I will. It wouldn't surprise me one bit. I love our camper but the Prowler is obviously a base model and thrown together.

WillyBill

???

So if my 2011 3612 Cyclone does not have ANY attic vents, is that something that I should install myself? Would they help decrease my hot weather interior temps? How would they affect the cold weather temperature handling in my rig? Do they make vents that can be shut in the colder weather? ANY opinions respectfully considered.

Thanks,

WB

Last edited: