Under bed storage

mikefitz

Hi I am not sure if this is in the right spot.

We are looking to add some kind of lid support to the storage area and was wondering if anyone had done this in the past and if so what did they use?

We tried the Curved friction lid supports but I can't seem to get the support in the right spot so the lid doesn't close properly.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Mike

mikefitz

No we just have a plywood Lid with Hinges.

We have a Prowler Lynx 18LX.

If you want I can attach a picture?

Mike

GregP

You can buy the gas struts and related hardware either at most RV centres or on line. I liked the use of space under the bed that RV builders had created that I built a similar bed and storage for a small bedroom in a cabin that we used to have. Bought the hardware needed at an RV store nearby and determined the location of the strut by figuring out how high I needed the bed/mattress to lift to be usable. Easy to do.

Power247

I added gas struts to the plywood lid of our master bed as well as the lower bunk in the bunkhouse to make it easier access. Amazon had the best prices I could!d find.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

klp605

I added gas struts to the plywood lid of our master bed as well as the lower bunk in the bunkhouse to make it easier access. Amazon had the best prices I could!d find.

Greg

Greg, what strut did you end up purchasing and is it handling the weight of the bed? I was looking at various ones on Amazon, but am unsure of the weight capacity needs.

Power247

Greg, what strut did you end up purchasing and is it handling the weight of the bed? I was looking at various ones on Amazon, but am unsure of the weight capacity needs.
I used a 20" with 110lbs lift capacity.n it came as a 2 pack but only needed one to hold up the bed. I also added an large strap hinge to the side where I mounted the strut because the force of the strut was putting a lot of pressure on the small hinges installed but the factory.

Greg