Buying a 2015 Silverado 35QB/ first travel trailer EVER!

Ffemtp613

I am in the process of buying my first trailer and I am as nervous as I am excited.

so much to learn. We are buying a 2015 heartland Silverado 38qB.

I am am looking for any and all advice that you all could give, tips and information on how to make the most of our new trailer.

Thanks in advance,

john

jimtoo

Hi John,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Make sure you have enough truck to handle the unit... probably need a 1 ton rated and I would recommend a dually. Do a very good check of everything in and on the unit. Make sure it works and you can work it. I'm sure you will get more suggestions from our other members also.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you in a Heartland unit.

Jim M

Oregon_Camper

Agree with Jim....make sure your truck can tow what you want to buy. Do the research...don't trust what the dealer says.

Once you find the trailer and you're ready to purchase, you can download my Pre-Delivery Inspection document, by clicking on the link in my signature below. This document will take you about 4 hours to complete (don't rush it) and will ensure you understand all the operations of the trailer as well as having you inspect the trailer. This will help you find all sorts of "gotcha" stuff that might not pop up until later down the road (ie...when your 100's of miles from an RV shop).

No matter what the dealer says, their PDI is will never cover everything. Complete this PDI and get dealer to fix all issue before paying for trailer...that way the dealer is very motivated to finish.

Ffemtp613

I have a GMC 2500 HD with the duramax 6.6 engine in it. The manuals all tell me that I can pull this unit.

We are going to look at the unit tomorrow, my only concern at this point is that from looking at pictures and a layout of the trailer, it looks like there is not a lot of counter space. While this is not a deal breaker, it is a concern that I have. Does anyone have any thoughts?

thanks

john