Butchs fifth wheel lock info

grampak

I know he doesnt sell it anymore, but i was wondering if anybody has one and could give me the shaft size he uses.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Unfortunately mine is 200 miles away, but I think it might be 5/8" solid steel rod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I just took mine off when I switched hitches. It is in my storage shed at home. I'll get you a measurement this evening.

JWalker

I know he doesnt sell it anymore, but i was wondering if anybody has one and could give me the shaft size he uses.

The steel rod measures 5/8".
This is the only marking I could find.

mhzj3n.jpg

porthole

Retired
Butch had a good product for a big market. But he was literally a one man show.

I spent some time with him on the way to the Goshen rally. Real nice down to earth guy, just trying to make a difference.

He came up with his device after dropping his trailer on his truck.
At the time he gave us two kits for the Goshen rally door prizes. Generous for a small back yard garage company.
To bad Lippert didn't buy him out and make for a comfortable retirement.

sengli

Here is my CURT, hitch with my bed saver installed.

Attachments

• IMAG0007.jpg
    IMAG0007.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 72

grampak

Many thanks JWalker for the reply. The reason I asked is I think I will make my own. Looks simple and would work for me. Thanks again

JWalker

Many thanks JWalker for the reply. The reason I asked is I think I will make my own. Looks simple and would work for me. Thanks again

A relatively simple concept. But a nice piece of mind

dwf4pg.jpg

jfl0eh.jpg

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Too bad they're not available. Really like mine since I remove the hitch from the truck when not needed and it doesn't add much weight to the hitch head when I pick it up. Looked at the BedSaver but didn't like the space it took in the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk