wet carpet

jlivet

On our last trip out and driving in heavy rain our new 08 3300sk we found the carpet wet at the rear corner just behind our left slide (tv,refrigerator,stove side) upon looking under the unit it appears that it is not sealing very well behind the wheels and water is entering the floor inside. Since the dealer is 125 miles away and I'am very handy, could you suggest how I could seal this area or block the water that is being thrown up from the tires?
I noticed directly over and in front of the wheels it has a rubber flap but just behind the wheels it stops.

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
Under the slide out you will see a pan that the slide out drops into (assuming this is a flush floor slide). If you follow that where it meets the floor with some black silicone, it should prevent any leaks there.

The wiper seal is not necessarily to prevent leaks it is to help deter the water. I would check the other wiper seal along the bottom of the slide out and make sure it is making contact with the floor. If there is a gap in the corner you will want to seal it.

I dont know if the slide out needs an adjustment, but that could be part of the issue as well.

that is about everything I can suggest you check for the time being to prevent the leak.

jlivet

This is not on the flush floor side, and the seal that is to contact the frame under the unit has a gap wide enough you can put your little finger between however the out side seal of the slide is flush tight against the side wall.