Counter Top Stain

Cands

Anyone have an idea as to how to correct an Acetone Stain on the island countertop? If it can be sanded or rubbed out, what can be used to restore the "luster"?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You can find some information in our Tools section that can be found in the navigation bar above.
Here is a link to the counter top maintenance manuals there. [LINK]

Peace
Dave

Cands

You can find some information in our Tools section that can be found in the navigation bar above.
Here is a link to the counter top maintenance manuals there. [LINK]

Peace
Dave

Yea, I started there. Problem is that neither
address as to how to correct the finish that came from the Acetone. It's a discolored blotch that won't rub out. Don't want to use steel wool or sandpaper.

danemayer

Yea, I started there. Problem is that neither
address as to how to correct the finish that came from the Acetone. It's a discolored blotch that won't rub out. Don't want to use steel wool or sandpaper.
I think when the factory guys do refinishing to get out scratches, they sand with a progression of finer and finer grit papers followed by a light abrasive cream polish. When they start sanding, it looks like they're ruining the counter top. When finished, it looks like new.

Cands

I think when the factory guys do refinishing to get out scratches, they sand with a progression of finer and finer grit papers followed by a light abrasive cream polish. When they start sanding, it looks like they're ruining the counter top. When finished, it looks like new.

Sounds like light sanding to start with. Wonder what the cream polish is.

Lou_and_Bette

Sounds like light sanding to start with. Wonder what the cream polish is.

This is what Bob Mansolino, a professional countertop installer and HOC member, recommends. He has given seminars during a few rallies where he actually gouges a piece of the countertop and repairs it to almost "new" condition. He recommends applying and removing with a orbital buffer using application and buffing bonnets as the final step in his repair and, of course, the first step if just polishing the countertops.

IMG_1236.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
This is what Bob Mansolino, a professional countertop installer and HOC member, recommends. He has given seminars during a few rallies where he actually gouges a piece of the countertop and repairs it to almost "new" condition. He recommends applying and removing with a orbital buffer using application and buffing bonnets as the final step in his repair and, of course, the first step if just polishing the countertops.

View attachment 53669

You can get a tube of polishing cream at an auto supply store. Do not use polishing compound. Used the cream as the last step (before waxing) when I repaired some nasty scratches in our Hanex countertop caused by TV thieves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Happen to me . I used 600/800/1000/1200/1400/1600 grit sandpaper. Then buffed out to a glass shine with a wool bonnet and 3 m buffing compound ,I believe it was called finesse.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk