Hisense residential refrigerator portion not cooling

We just returned home from the lake in our 2017 427 and discovered the refrigerator portion of our Hisense unit is not cooling. The freezer is fine. Food in the lower drawers was still cold. Sounds like a fan. Anyone have any ideas? How do you get to the back of the unit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danemayer

If the freezer is at a normal temperature, you may just not be getting cold air from the freezer into the refrigerator compartment, which is how many residential refrigerators get the refrigerator compartment cold. First thing to look for is the pass through to make sure there's nothing blocking airflow. If there's a fan involved, it'll probably be in the same place.

turcat

Hello, our Hisense refrigerator just quit after buying RW425 in July 2017.

Where did your get the new thermofuse(s)?

Is there a specific part number?

Thank you, Mick!

phoebe

I have also had similar issues with my Hisense fridge. Currently in the process of working with the warranty. A technician came but couldn't fix it so now I am still waiting for a fridge. The issue with ours was that the freezer worked but the fridge did not. It is brand new - we purchased the 2018 RW427 mid April. The guy took a bunch of pictures and it looked like the spray foam had just completely exploded in the back and was seriously messing with the temperature area and the female end for the cord was all messed up so that the male end won't fit - he broke a few trying... So now they say the whole box inside the back of the fridge needs to be replaced and I'm waiting on that. I also had them submit a request for a refund instead of servicing. From what I see here and other places almost everyone has this issue and the spray foam exploding is very troubling and I'm not confident that it hasn't damaged other parts of the fridge. I definitely don't want to deal with future breakdowns and just want to get a refund and go get a new unit myself. If I am able to get the refund I'll let you all know about the process in case anyone else wants to go that route...

SteamboatSailor

thermofuses need replaced

We recently had the same problem with our Hisense in our RW 427. In resolving the problem a couple weeks ago I had some conversation with Tony Copeland, the national field service manager for Hisense. They have found that apparently the thermofuse (located in the upper portion of the fridge, just zip-tied to the coils) was located too close to a heat source & they are relocating the fuse higher up, farther from the heat source, on all the units coming out of the factory now. You might want to have whoever is doing the service work for you contact Hisense re: this modification.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
We recently had the same problem with our Hisense in our RW 427. In resolving the problem a couple weeks ago I had some conversation with Tony Copeland, the national field service manager for Hisense. They have found that apparently the thermofuse (located in the upper portion of the fridge, just zip-tied to the coils) was located too close to a heat source & they are relocating the fuse higher up, farther from the heat source, on all the units coming out of the factory now. You might want to have whoever is doing the service work for you contact Hisense re: this modification.
It is now part of a service bulletin. When the tech gets the replacement part it comes with instructions for the new location.

Thunderbolt

Our Hisense refrigerator quit working the other day. The freezer was cold but the food compartment was not. I followed the advice here and on you tube and found the coils in the freeze solid with ice. Seems the thermofuses had gone bad. A check with a digital multimeter showed one side was burnt out. I called Hisense (and spoke to someone in India who said to unplug and plug it back in. I asked if that failed what to do next. He said call back. Of course that did not work) So, does anyone know where I can find the thermofuses? Tried ebay but what they say is the thermofuses does not have the same connector or fuses as the original. Hisense told me they do not sell parts.

Thunderbolt

Do you have a contact email or phone number for Tony?

LBR

Our Hisense refrigerator quit working the other day. The freezer was cold but the food compartment was not. I followed the advice here and on you tube and found the coils in the freeze solid with ice. Seems the thermofuses had gone bad. A check with a digital multimeter showed one side was burnt out. I called Hisense (and spoke to someone in India who said to unplug and plug it back in. I asked if that failed what to do next. He said call back. Of course that did not work) So, does anyone know where I can find the thermofuses? Tried ebay but what they say is the thermofuses does not have the same connector or fuses as the original. Hisense told me they do not sell parts.

I thought there was an older thread on the site with a part number for it.... possibly a purchase thru Amazon.

NWILSON

This is the exact thermal fuse without the HiSense wiring. THERMAL FUSE I slit the clear tube and removed the faulty fuse and replaced it.

Thunderbolt

At approximately 0825 hrs, Tony Copeland from Hisense called me in response to the email I sent him. I spoke to him at length and he said that Hisense through him is the only source for thermal fuses. He said that he would email me service bulletin and overnight the part to me. So, if you have this problem call or email Tony Copeland and he will help you.

NWILSON

Thank you so much for the information. This will be my fall back. Did you solder the new part in? Or did you use some sort of crimp?

Thunderbolt
I just used crimp on connectors as I was afraid of blowing the fuse with too much heat

SteamboatSailor

I just used crimp on connectors as I was afraid of blowing the fuse with too much heat

Ours just plugged into the wiring harness from the fridge. Unplug the old, plug in the new.

Then the factory just zip-ties it to the coils to hold it in place. That’s what Tony C. had me do when he was talking me through the repair on mine

NWILSON

Ours just plugged into the wiring harness from the fridge. Unplug the old, plug in the new.

Then the factory just zip-ties it to the coils to hold it in place. That’s what Tony C. had me do when he was talking me through the repair on mine
I was referring to replacing the thermal fuse only, not the harness. At the time I wasn't able to get the complete harness.