Front end of 26rks is dimpled.

mongocain

I am looking at a 26rks and will probably purchase it within the week. My only reservation is the front end of the trailer is dimpled, just above the hitch frame This goes across the complete front of the trailer, extending a foot above the hitch frame. All of the North Trail trailers, in the lot, had this same problem. Is it truly a structural defect or just a cosmetic thing? The dealer didn't have an answer for me.

Thanks
Mike

irvin56

Mine is the same

i have a 31QBS 2009. mine is the same and the dealer will look at it this September when I get other things done and winterized, They had some problem with this as not enought support at front for outside wall. There is a fix for it and tell dealer to contact heartland for the proper fix.
Can see www.thenorthtrailers.com for more info on the north trail from owners

THEY ARE NICE UNITS AND THEY take care on the customers concernsNone

you will enjoy the many items they have in them. We have used ours lots this summer and love the unit completely. They tow nice and overall GREAT:D:cool:

M

Mcreech

This is not a structural problem, its an issue with the fiberglass which at the worst case, can be total changed out.....Because we bend that fiberglass around a radius sometimes it expands or contracts and when there isn't any place for movement, the glass will dimple.....Sometimes, just removing the screws and re-attaching will solve the problem, sometimes we are having the dealer replace the lower half with diamond plate and sometimes we will just replace the entire fiberglass sheet...Either way it is not structural............I hope this helps and by the way we have sold over 2000 North Trails and this problem has been on a limited number of units.....

irvin56

thanks for the reply

I'll let Racetrack rv in airdrie know. as my front bottom seal was bowed bad and I siliconed it for the summer. The can look at it and adjust or just leave if it's not a structural problem..:)

By the way THEY ARE NNNIIICCCEEE UNITS THANK YOU
everything works okay \:D
I Would definatly buy another North trail None