Possible problem with high pointe microwave/convection oven

BWStark

Wife was baking a cake. She thought the oven was taking a longer than usual time to preheat to 325, or thought she may not have heard the beep when preheat was complete. She cancelled out and turned the oven off then reset it and turned it back on to preheat waited 5 minutes then set the cake pan back in. The oven cooked for about several minutes then she heard a pop. She immediately turned it off. The pan she was using had already been used to cook biscuits in. The oven seemed slightly noisier today. Can anyone give me an idea on this before I plug it back up and try to restart.

thanks for your help

B

BouseBill

Sorry to hear of your problems but best advise I can give......Get rid of it and install a good micro/convec. Do a search and you'll find several threads about same.
High Pointe are NOT the best around I.m afraid to say.

Garypowell

X2 on the replace. We only had a HP microwave on our last rig and found a $200 replacement that worked with the HP trim.

Granted a micro/convection will cost more but still getting better brand is best.

danemayer

Is your outside vent unlatched? If not you can get excess heat inside the oven melting an over temperature safety link. If you don't have power to the control panel, that may be what happened.

BWStark

Is your outside vent unlatched? If not you can get excess heat inside the oven melting an over temperature safety link. If you don't have power to the control panel, that may be what happened.

I just checked and I do have an outside vent and it is unlocked. I do have power and my wife had to actually turn it off after she heard the pop. I do appreciate the suggestions. The dealer actually referred me back to heartland so I'll give them a call tomorrow.
thanks again