2011 Bighorn cable

7T7

I need a schematic for a 2011 Bighorn 3585. I have tried twice to hook up cable and no luck. I finally got it in the bedroom tv when I hooked up the in-coming cable to one of the bedroom satellite plugs in the UDC. I have tried to tone each hook-up to figure out where each one goes. There are 2 for bedroom satellite, 2 for other satellite and one for cable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

danemayer

1st one in this folder is probably yours. It's pretty easy in manufacturing to connect the wires behind the wallplates wrong or swap them behind the UDC. Also, if you are not the original owner, it's very possible you're not working with the original setup.

danemayer

You may want to just run some new coax. From behind the UDC it's often pretty easy to get through floor openings and into the underbelly. You can run the coax inside the frame, and can probably follow existing wire penetrations to get into the slideout. I ran 2 coax cables outside the frame and up under the rear cap to our rear entertainment center. A couple of hours work. Helps to have a 2nd person.

7T7

Crazy questions: is the cable connection and the antenna the same wire, and why are there 2 satellite connections in the bedroom and at the main tv.

- - - Updated - - -

Bob do you happen to have a copy of the schematic.

danemayer

Crazy questions: is the cable connection and the antenna the same wire, and why are there 2 satellite connections in the bedroom and at the main tv.

- - - Updated - - -

Bob do you happen to have a copy of the schematic.
The antenna and cable connection from the UDC merge at the signal booster. Coming out of the signal booster, it's one wire.

The typical 2011 arrangement in the living room and bedroom is a single wall plate with one antenna/cable coax connector, and one satellite connector. If you have a different arrangement, it's probably a modification done by the previous owner.

BobTheBuilder

I do. I am not sure if attaching a PDF will be as good as a pic.

Attachments

• cable tv wiring diagram.pdf
    289.6 KB · Views: 36

7T7

Dan sorry for the crazy question. I still did not ask it right. Why are there 4 satellite connections in the UDC 2 for the bedroom and 2 the main room.

LBR

Dan sorry for the crazy question. I still did not ask it right. Why are there 4 satellite connections in the UDC 2 for the bedroom and 2 the main room.

You have 2 cables dead headed in the roof for a permanant satellite dish...one each from bedroom and living room. The other two go to your TVs.

danemayer

The attached drawing should explain it.

Attachments

• Rushmore UDC COAX Wiring.pdf
    10.9 KB · Views: 26

7T7

Can anyone tell me how the antenna booster is supposed to be wired as far as where the antenna wire connects and where the cable wire connects and the 3rd wire will go back down and split to go to under belly hookup and then the living room.

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone tell me how the antenna booster is supposed to be wired as far as where the antenna wire connects and where the cable wire connects and the 3rd wire will go back down and split to go to under belly hookup and then the living room.
I'm wondering if my booster is bad

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

It could be grounding out on something . . .

In our Prowler, the plate in the ceiling that has the booster button and the coax connection also has a cigarette lighter adapter and one of the power wires for the lighter adapter was touching something and shorted out the signal.

Check to make sure nothing is touching in there.

7T7

Thanks for the info. mine does not have the cigarette lighter but I will check for wires touching.

danemayer

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know if this is the one you have, but here's a drawing of the backside of a signal booster. Where it says "Set 2", that's the connection that goes through the coach to other TV locations.

Attachments

• winegard-rv-wall-plate drawing.pdf
    141.9 KB · Views: 16