A/C not working

crwdavis

My a/c unit has not worked for a few weeks now. I have insepcted the thermal stat everything appears to be in order. When the A/C unit is turned on I can hear a single click coming from the unit but nothing else happens, no fan, no compresor, nothing. I thought it may be a fuse but if it is why would the a/c unit click, that indicates to me that there is current. Any thoughts?

Edd and Janet

Our ac went out while we were camping at Dinosaur Park in Glenrose. We called maintenance at the park and the guy worked about replace the box at the campsite and we had air again. There were fireworks at the box where we plugged in.

GypsyBill

and Jennifer
I had the same problem with mine after the 5er had sat for awhile... (like 2-3 weeks)... the fan motor would sorta seize up... I could remove the inside ceiling panel and spin the squirrel cage fan and the AC would work fine until the next time I let it sit... Talked with Coleman and they said they had some problems with the motor "flat spotting" (whatever that meant to them)... I went this way for about a year before I finally had the motor assembly changed out just before the warranty expired..

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The click you hear is probably the compressor or the fan clicking as it gets power. The other click you can hear is when you lower your thermostat to the point it would send power to the ac unit to turn it on at that temperature setting. There are a number of things that can cause you symptom. The first thing to check is the AC circuit breaker to be sure it is not tripped. If it is resetting it might solve your problem. Beyond that when I am in your shoes I must get professional help. As a sign not I did have a similar problem once and the AC would not blow air because mud daubers had built a nest in the squirrel care fan keeping it from turning. Once I removed the nest it worked fine.

bgscott

Mine was doing the same thing the other day, when I turned on the switch at the thermostat I heard a click in the ceiling, but nothing else. I then realized that I was not plugged into shore power. Once plugged in everything worked as it should. Apparently the thermostat is 12v?

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Like jmgratz said about the mud dobbers. My other 5er did almost the same thing one time and when I got on the roof and pulled the cover off the dobbers had built a nest up in the motor preventing it from coming on. Cleaned it out and it worked fine.
Good luck on finding the problem.

Bill

snuffy

Like jmgratz said about the mud dabbers. My other 5er did almost the same thing one time and when I got on the roof and pulled the cover off the dabbers had built a nest up in the motor preventing it from coming on. Cleaned it out and it worked fine.
Good luck on finding the problem.

Bill

Either this or a start or run capacitor up on the compressor.