Replacing Original Fan-tastic Vent Fan

DGS

I need to replace what appears to be the original vent fan (Fan-tastic) in my 2008 BH 3400RE. In the process of bringing the trailer back from what was in sad shape. Recently purchased trailer and this fan is next on my list to fix. I am looking for your input on what you may have done for a vent fan replacement. Looking for something that is both an intake and exhaust, powerful yet quiet, and has a rain closure feature. Let me know your experience with the vent fan you may have installed, and any other tips that will help make my decision in purchasing a replacement.

Thank you,

gasman

Camp Socializer
I replaced ours with a Maxx-Aire. I don't know the model but it is their top of the line. It has a thermostatically controlled 10-speed reversible fan that can also be used as a ceiling fan when the lid is closed. Due to the design, it does not need a rain sensor or a dome cover. It has a full function remote control and is an extremely simple installation. It also cost less than the equivalent Fantastic Fan.

BusManRG

Our previous motorhome had a reversible fantastic fan with the rain sensor that also ran on a thermostat. We loved it!! Our current big horn has just the simple single direction Fantastic fan,with the rain sensor, but no thermostat. Still like the fan, but miss the thermostat and the reversibility.
Sandy

Gary521

There are various models of Fantastic Fans that will do whatever you want - blow in, blow out, rain sensor, remote control, variable speed, etc.

jbeletti

DGS - you may wish to consider an upgrade kit for your fan that adds all these features. Here's a link to the upgrades.

Obtain the model number from your current fan, then call Fantastic (800-521-0298) to see what you can upgrade it to without having to remove the entire fan.

Another upgrade I like is the addition of the Fantastic Ultra Breeze vent covers. Then you can run the fan anytime you want. I love this feature as we always run the fan in the bathroom when taking showers and can shower even when it's raining out as the Ultra Breeze cover allows the fan to be fully open and on in any weather.