View Full Version : EVENT: RV Show: FL, Tampa - 1/16/2018 to 1/21/2018

davebennington
08-04-2017, 09:49 AM

Venue:
------------------------------

Florida State Fairgrounds
4800 US Highway 301 North
Tampa, FL 33610
RV Show Event Website Link (http://events.frvta.org/florida-rv-supershow/)

Details:

Event Leader: Dave Yocum (click to contact) (dyocum881@yahoo.com)

Additional Info:
Hello Heartlanders,

It's that time again - preparations for the Florida RV SuperShow are taking place. Dave Yocum will be coordinating the Heartland Owners Club volunteer schedule for the 2018 Florida SuperShow.

We are looking for a number of Club members to be volunteers to help staff the Club table in one of our displays at the show. If you're interested, please reply on this thread or email (dyocum881@yahoo.com) Dave

2017 FLORIDA RV SUPERSHOW (show link (http://www.frvta.org/show/florida-rv-supershow/))
Location: Florida State Fairgrounds, 4800 US Highway 301 North, Tampa, FL 33610
Non-Public Day (Industry Day): Tuesday, January 16, 10 am - 4 pm
Public Days: Wednesday-Saturday, January 17-20, 9 am - 6 pm
..................Sunday, January 21, 9 am to 5 pm

CAMPING AT TAMPA EAST RV RESORT

Campground Address: 4630 McIntosh Road, Dover, FL 33527
Campground Phone: 813-659-2504 (tel:813-659-2504)
Rate: $??.?? per night (specify Heartland RVs block for SuperShow)

Other area camping options:
- Lazy Days Campground
- Florida State Fairgrounds: 30 amp electric only
- Florida State Fairgrounds: Boon docking

VOLUNTEER SCHEDULE
AM Shift = 9 am to 1 pm / PM Shift = 1 pm to 5 pm

Notes:
Names on Standby (list at bottom)

TUESDAY
This is Industry Day - so there is no public at the show this day, therefore no schedule for volunteers.
AM: Dave Yocum, Randy Allen and Jim Beletti
Setup shelter, table and banner

WEDNESDAY
Landmark display - General RV
AM: Paul and Sue Alfano
AM: Julie Hancock & Nathan & Byrd Mathis
----
PM: Dorothy & Eric van Opstal
PM: Kevin & Nelly Wolbeck

All Other Units - #1
AM: Doug & Mary Sloan
AM: Randy & Santha Allen
----
PM: Bobby and Lisa Altizer
PM: Steve & Patti Lester

All Other Units - #2
AM:
AM: Tommy & Linda Sexton
----
PM: John & Debi MacVie
PM

THURSDAY
Landmark Display - General RV
AM: Paul and Sue Alfano and Julie Hancock
AM: Walter & Linda West
----
PM: Paul & Sheila Blackford
PM: Rhonda & James Brown

All Other Units - #1
AM: Doug & Mary Sloan
AM: Martha & Henry Scott
----
PM: John & Bev Clickner
PM: Lou and Bette Dick

All Other Units - #2
AM: Bobby and Lisa Altizer
AM: Tommy & Linda Sexton
----
PM: Terry & Carol Hershberger
PM: Jeff & Nora Hanna

FRIDAY
AM: Rhonda & James Brown
AM: Paul & Sheila Blackford
----
PM: Steve & Patti Lester
PM: Terry & Carol Hershberger

All Other Units #1
AM: Neale & Leslie Behm
AM:
----
PM:
PM: Martha & Henry Scott

All Other Units - #2
AM:
AM:
----
PM:
PM: John & Debi MacVie

SATURDAY
AM: Dorothy & Eric van Opstal
AM: Kevin & Nelly Wolbeck
----
PM: Nathan & Byrd Mathis
PM: Walter & Linda West

All Other Units - #1
AM: Randy & Santha Allen
AM:
----
PM: Bonnie & Russ Schurig
PM:

All Other Units - #2
AM: Neale & Leslie Behm
AM: Jeff & Nora Hanna
----
PM:
PM:

SUNDAY - General RV
AM: Dave Yocum and Julie Hancock
AM: Bonnie & Russ Schurig
----
PM:
(Sunday PM crew will also tear the table/banner down at mid-afternoon when)

SHOW PHOTOGRAPHER

Heartland Corporate Marketing < TBD

TAMPA EAST RV RESORT SITES

Dave Yocum and Julie Hancock
Jim and Nancy Beletti
Walter and Linda West
Kevin and Nelly Wolbeck
Rhonda & James Brown
Dorothy & Eric van Opstal
Steve & Patti Lester
Paul & Sheila Blackford
Terry & Carol Hershberg
Randy & Santha Allen
Doug & Mary Sloan
Paul and Sue Alfano
Tommy & Linda Sexton
Neale & Leslie Behm
Martha & Henry Scott

VOLUNTEER DINNER
Thursday night, Heartland will host a dinner with club members who were accepted as volunteer and worked the club table at the show. Details to to be sent via email.

Dinner Headcounts:

2 Beletti
2 West
2 Wolbeck
2 Hanna
2 Sloan
2 Alfano
2 Sexton
2 Blackford
2 Hershberg
2 Brown
2 Lester
2 Behm
2 Scott
2 Schurig
2 van Opsta
2 MacVie

------------------------------------------------------
32 people for the volunteer appreciation dinner

VOLUNTEER STANDBY LIST IN THE EVENT OF CANCELLATIONS

SHOW LAYOUT
Here are the locations (plots), dealers and brands we expect to have at the show:
1. 820 - Camping World - Bighorn, Bighorn Traveler, Mallard, Fuel and Pioneer
2. 820 - America's Choice - Sundance, Gateway and Terry
3. 815 - La Mesa - Cyclone, Torque, Big Country, Elkridge, Gateway and North Trail
4. 480 - (indoors) General RV - Landmark

Notes:

Plots 815 and 820 are next to each other and combined into one large plot that is then subdivided into 3 parts for the 3 dealers we have there.
Plot 480 is indoors in the Special Events Center building as it has been the last couple years.
PDF images of the above plots and the entire show map have been added below. Hover over any of the attachments to see their file names, then double-click on the one you wish to review.

Toccoatravelers
08-04-2017, 10:15 AM
Hi Dave and Jim, We have our reservations and are ready to work the show, would prefer to work mornings but can be flexible. Looking forward to it! We'll see you and Julie in Pine Mountain and at the Florida Rally, Jim we will see you and Nancy in Florida!

DougS
08-04-2017, 10:15 AM
Doug and Mary Sloan would like to serve on Wed and Thur morning shift in either the Landmark or Bighorn section. We would also like to attend the dinner. We have made reservations at Tampa East from Monday for 7 nights. Membership #1676.

lindaw
08-04-2017, 10:25 AM
Hi Dave And Jim Walter and I have made our reservations.
Linda
Arrive on 15

Terry H
08-04-2017, 11:22 AM
Dave,

Carol and I will be there. We have made reservations at Tampa East RV Resort and we will arrive on the 15th. We are available any day, we would prefer afternoon assignments, but we will be there anytime you need us. We would prefer to working in the Landmark area.

Looking forward to the RV Show and working with everyone!

Buster537
08-04-2017, 12:46 PM
Dave,
Rhonda and I will be interested and available for Friday morning.
James

usnaviator
08-04-2017, 02:09 PM
Dave, Please sign Sheila & I up. We prefer to work Thurs. afternoon & Friday morning.

Thanks,

Paul

Flying Dutchman
08-04-2017, 02:22 PM
Hi Dave, Dorothy and I would like to sign up for the Tampa show. Plan on arriving Tampa East on the 15th. Would like to work Landmark display, morning shifts. See if Friday AM and Saturday AM are available.
Also available for the dinner. ;)

Reservations confirmed with Tampa East to arrive 1/15 for 7 nights.

BighornELK
08-04-2017, 02:30 PM
Hi Dave,

Bonnie & Russ would like to work Friday & Saturday morning @ all other brands. We live about 30 minutes from the fairgrounds, so we will not be camping.

Terry H
08-04-2017, 06:43 PM
Dave,

When I reserved my site at East Tampa RV Park I asked them to put me in the Heartland RV block of sites, I don,t know if they did. I am in Site 17.

Bobby A
08-05-2017, 06:38 AM
Hi Dave,
Just seen this Thread, and yes count me in, I usually like to work Wednesday and Thursday PM shift.
See you then,
Bobby A

davebennington
08-05-2017, 06:44 AM
Bobby,
I have you schedule in a couple of slots. Are you staying at Tampa east?

dave

Randy
08-05-2017, 08:16 AM
Dave, We signed up with Tampa East. We will be there all week so schedule us
when needed. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

ALF
08-07-2017, 06:43 AM
Paul and Sue are interested in helping out too. Dave - We sent you an email. :)

ljsexton
08-08-2017, 09:38 AM
Hi Dave,

Tommy and I are available to work the Super Show. Sign us up for any time slot. Have made reservations at Tampa East coming in on Jan. 15 and checking out on the 22. See you there if not before.

Toccoatravelers
08-10-2017, 07:51 AM
Dave, I should have replied that Steve and I will attend the Thank You
dinner. We will arrive on January 15.

kwolbeck
08-16-2017, 07:01 PM
Dave,

Add myself and Nelly to the schedule as you see fit.

Kevin

klindgren
08-17-2017, 06:07 AM
Dave,

I noticed on Post #1 you still show Carol and I working the Wed. PM Landmark booth with Eric and Dorothy. I had sent you a PM saying we would not be able to work the 2018 show. We will be on a 14 day Caribbean Cruise during the time of the show. I know, it's rough, but somebody's gotta do it.:D

Keith

Bobby A
08-17-2017, 06:20 AM
Bobby,
I have you schedule in a couple of slots. Are you staying at Tampa east?

dave

Sorry it took so long to respond Dave, yes, we winter in the Tampa area. Thanks for penciling me in, see ya then. No, we wont be staying at Tampa East.

Bobby

davebennington
08-17-2017, 06:28 AM
Dave,

I noticed on Post #1 you still show Carol and I working the Wed. PM Landmark booth with Eric and Dorothy. I had sent you a PM saying we would not be able to work the 2018 show. We will be on a 14 day Caribbean Cruise during the time of the show. I know, it's rough, but somebody's gotta do it.:D

Keith

We will miss you and Carol, however I understand Santa must have a time away, Have fun!!

dave

Lou_and_Bette
09-21-2017, 10:54 AM
Dave, Bette and I, along with John and Bev Clickner, are available for the Friday PM shift. We will be staying at the Clickner's home in Palmetto without the rig. Let us know if we can be utilized. Lou

davebennington
09-21-2017, 07:47 PM
Lou and Bette,

I put you down for Friday afternoon. Thanks, I will be good to see both of you again.

dave

Nabo
09-21-2017, 10:31 PM
Dave, Nathan & I can help just let us know where and when.
B---

jjwink
09-21-2017, 10:46 PM
Dave, Jerry and I are wintering in FL this coming Jan and would be happy to help. We are staying in Frostproof so will drive over. We are available any day, prefer afternoon shift.
Judy and Jerry Winkle

davebennington
09-22-2017, 11:37 AM
Dave, Jerry and I are wintering in FL this coming Jan and would be happy to help. We are staying in Frostproof so will drive over. We are available any day, prefer afternoon shift.
Judy and Jerry Winkle

I have placed you in the Saturday afternoon shift. OK thanks for helping.

dave

Diamondjim
09-22-2017, 01:52 PM
Hi Dave

Faith and I have worked before and would be happy to do it again if you need the help.
We're in Sebring (FL) so usually commute for the day.

It's a great experience.

Let us know, thanks.

davebennington
09-22-2017, 07:19 PM
Hi Dave

Faith and I have worked before and would be happy to do it again if you need the help.
We're in Sebring (FL) so usually commute for the day.

It's a great experience.

Let us know, thanks.

Jim,

Happy to have you help at the Tampa Show. I have Friday PM open. If that is OK I will slot you in there.

dave

Jeff_Nora_Hanna
10-20-2017, 07:51 PM
Hi Dave,
Put Nora and me down to work the show. We live 20 minutes away so we won't be at the campground.

marthamscott
11-07-2017, 10:00 AM
We're all set for the 16th to the 21st although not in the Heartland area, still in the CG. If someone cancels they will try to get us moved over to the group.

Please put us down for dinner and we can work out the times to sit at the table between now and then.

See you all in January!

Martha & Henry Scott

davebennington
11-15-2017, 07:27 AM
I would like everyone to look at the schedule for the Tampa show, I have made some changes based on:

We would like to have Heartland Owners Club representation in 3 different areas.
Your arrival/departure times.
Your request for certain days and times.
Your request to be paired with your friends.
You having a coach that you can speak with to any potential Heartland Owners Club member or customer about.
Remember at all times you are not a sales person, your function at the show is to inform folks about the club and in some cases answer a few basic coach questions.

If you find that I have scheduled you in an area or day you cannot live with, let me know and I will attempt to correct the situation.

Thank you for volunteering to help with the show.

dave

Flying Dutchman
11-15-2017, 08:09 AM
Looks good for us Dave, see you in January.

lindaw
11-15-2017, 08:17 AM
Its fine for us Dave
Linda

Jeff_Nora_Hanna
11-15-2017, 12:57 PM
We're good for both days Dave.

Are you going to include us for the dinner. We enjoy the fellowship.

Buster537
11-15-2017, 03:57 PM
Dave, looks good to us
James

Nabo
11-15-2017, 08:02 PM
We are good to go.

ALF
11-15-2017, 08:14 PM
All looks good for us! if you end up not being able to fill Saturday, we can help out. FYI -We will be changing our dates to leave on the 21st instead of the 22nd....hopefully coming in a day earlier. Will need to confirm with the campground.

Terry H
11-15-2017, 08:32 PM
Dave, it looks good for us.

Toccoatravelers
11-15-2017, 10:00 PM
Looks good for us!

BighornELK
11-16-2017, 10:06 AM
Looks good to us!!!!!

Lou_and_Bette
12-31-2017, 09:56 AM
Hello Dave, Thursday pm is good for us but not Friday AM sorry. Bette, Lou Bev and John

NWILSON
01-14-2018, 07:17 AM
Just us and the retired Georgia Chapter Leaders here for the pre-show.

Where is everybody?

jbeletti
01-14-2018, 08:52 AM

Where is everybody?

If you're at Tampa East, I think the Wolbecks arrived yesterday. Many of us arrive tomorrow. See you then!

VKTalley
01-14-2018, 12:01 PM

Where is everybody?

The Traveling Talleys are heading to Ft. Wilderness Campground today for the week. 😁
Neale, how long will you and Leslie be in Florida?

ALF
01-14-2018, 07:28 PM
Hey all you Heartlanders coming into Tampa tomorrow Monday
Some of us that are here already will be cooking for yall tomorrow so bring your appetite. Sue and Paul will be cooking up some good homemade chili and Leslie is providing some fixins. Randy will be cooking up some sausages. Cant wait to see you all tomorrow!

jbeletti
01-14-2018, 07:30 PM
Awesome - see yall tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toccoatravelers
01-14-2018, 07:36 PM
See y'all tomorrow!

Terry H
01-14-2018, 07:47 PM
We will be there tomorrow, Carol said she will make some homemade brownies.

Bobby A
01-14-2018, 11:32 PM
Dave,
I sent you a PM late this evening in regards to an oversight on my part for Saturday PM shift, I will be unable to work, again totally my oversight and please except my apologies, I feel terrible !!

Blessings,
Bobby A

davebennington
01-15-2018, 07:41 AM
Dave,
I sent you a PM late this evening in regards to an oversight on my part for Saturday PM shift, I will be unable to work, again totally my oversight and please except my apologies, I feel terrible !!

Blessings,
Bobby A

Bobby,

I have switched you to Friday morning, I hope this is OK for you.

dave

Bobby A
01-15-2018, 07:32 PM
Bobby,

I have switched you to Friday morning, I hope this is OK for you.

dave

Sorry for the trouble Dave, but Friday won't work, as I will be there representing/working for our campground. My only two days that I'm available is Wednesday and Thursday, so if your covered for Thursday I will work Wednesday only. Again, sorry for the oversight on my part so close to show time. Please except my sincere apology's

Bobby A

davebennington
01-15-2018, 08:31 PM
Sorry for the trouble Dave, but Friday won't work, as I will be there representing/working for our campground. My only two days that I'm available is Wednesday and Thursday, so if your covered for Thursday I will work Wednesday only. Again, sorry for the oversight on my part so close to show time. Please except my sincere apology's

Bobby A

Bobby,
I have switched you to Thursday.

jbeletti
01-15-2018, 10:07 PM
Thank you Paul and Sue for coordinating a Tampa East, RV Show volunteers dinner tonight. The chili was great. Thanks too, to all who brought sides and dessert. Good food, good times.

Nabo
01-15-2018, 10:54 PM
Wow Paul - that's one BIG pot of chili.

jbeletti
01-16-2018, 07:45 AM
Wow Paul - that's one BIG pot of chili.

Paul says "go big or go home"! Okay, Jim said it, but I'm sure Paul is thinking it :)

That's his new Rec Tec Grills "Matador" cooker.

I'm wondering what size batch of sausage gravy he could make on it. Breakfast for 80!

Bobby A
01-16-2018, 11:44 AM
Bobby,
I have switched you to Thursday.

Dave,
O.k. Thursday will work, so I will be there Wednesday and Thursday, sorry for the trouble and all the shuffling, my bad !!

Blessings,
Bobby

jbeletti
01-16-2018, 10:51 PM
This morning, David Yocum, Randy Allen and I setup club tables at our indoor and outdoor displays. Looking forward to some large crowds looking for their next RV.

56090 56091

Bobby A
01-18-2018, 06:33 AM
This morning, David Yocum, Randy Allen and I setup club tables at our indoor and outdoor displays. Looking forward to some large crowds looking for their next RV.

56090 56091

Just checking before I head out the door to head to work the Tampa show for the AM shift if they were gonna cancel the AM shift because of the cold. Its 27 degrees hear in Port Richey and good thing I got up as early as I did cause my water lines almost froze, the water came out real slow for a minute or so. I now have it on a trinkle so we both can shower.

Stay warm everyone," baby its cold outside" be there in a couple hours.

Bobby A

jbeletti
01-18-2018, 06:44 AM
Just checking before I head out the door to head to work the Tampa show for the AM shift if they were gonna cancel the AM shift because of the cold. Its 27 degrees hear in Port Richey and good thing I got up as early as I did cause my water lines almost froze, the water came out real slow for a minute or so. I now have it on a trinkle so we both can shower.

Stay warm everyone," baby its cold outside" be there in a couple hours.

Bobby A

Bobby - anyone who shows up for their AM shift that is working the outdoor display will be encouraged to stay inside the RVs and perhaps move about from RV to RV to connect with buyers. That said, will any buyers show up this morning at all? Who knows. See you if you make it. See you later if you don't.

Bobby A
01-18-2018, 07:09 AM
Bobby - anyone who shows up for their AM shift that is working the outdoor display will be encouraged to stay inside the RVs anWd perhaps move about from RV to RV to connect with buyers. That said, will any buyers show up this morning at all? Who knows. See you if you make it. See you later if you don't.

Well then Jim it sounds like your leaving it up to us. As you know when I make a commitment, you can count on me. However, with the temps the way they are and my water lines are boarder line freezing, I would be worried about that all morning at the show and you wouldn't get my best performance. So, with that said, I will sit this one out. I hope everyone dresses real warm if your outside, I had 3 layers on to walk the dog for 15 minutes and I was uncomfortably cold, it would be hard to work out there for 4 hours, especially if your used to Fl. heat like I am. Its true, your blood really does thin out. Thank you Jim for giving us AMers an option/direction and thank you for your rapid respose to my post. As you know I'm 50 plus miles away and just got a message on my phone of black ice on the roads.

Best Regards,
Bobby

donr827
01-18-2018, 08:17 AM
The weatherman on CH9 said temp was 29 and the feel like is 19. Sure it will be a slow start for sales.
Don

Bobby A
01-18-2018, 10:10 AM
The weatherman on CH9 said temp was 29 and the feel like is 19. Sure it will be a slow start for sales.
Don

Yes for sure, I got up at 5am with all intentions on leaving to head to the show at 7am, when I turn my water on and it was just trinkling, I new it was cold out. Let the water run for 2 or 3 minutes and it finally got a normal flow. Had I would of not got up that early it may have froze totally. I hope the volenteers that did make it dress very warm. My apology's for my no show, I feel bad, but we cant predict mother nature.

Blessings,
Bobby A

davebennington
01-19-2018, 07:22 AM
Here are a couple of shots of the volunteers working the Tampa RV show. Also at the dinner.

jbeletti
01-19-2018, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the pics Dave. Good time last night.

Thanks too for all our our volunteers thus far. Especially those who braved the cold outdoors yesterday.

See everyone at the show today!

davebennington
01-20-2018, 07:21 AM
Here are several pictures of the volunteers working the show for the Heartland Owners Club tables.

56178 56179 56180 56181

Thank you for your service.

dave

davebennington
01-21-2018, 08:26 AM
Here are a few more shots of the works at the show.
56192 56193 56194 56195

davebennington
01-21-2018, 07:19 PM
Here are pictures from the dinner we had on the last night of the Tampa Super Show.

56212 56213 56208 56214 56210 56215 56216 56211 56218

cdbMidland
01-24-2018, 11:31 PM
Just wondering how the sales of Heartland RVs went this year.