Computer desk station wont stay open

tessa

hi- when we looked at the camper the computer desk pullout above the fireplace would pull out and stay in the open position.
after we got the camper the left side would stay out and the right would go in, had the dealer look at it and now both sides won't stay out in the extended position

was the pull out designed to stay open or was it a fluke?

thanks - Steve

Attachments

• DSCF3839.jpg
    DSCF3839.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 55

Gary521

Either the trailer is not level or the slides on the desk are not level. Just physics.

WBG

WBGavin
We have just the opposite problem, the desk will not stay in while traveling - have to strap it in and that works just fine. As to locking in the out position, I never pull it all the way out. Usually just extend it enough for the project I am working on - usually working on my computer - has never been a problem. Still think this is one of the best ideas Heartland has come up with.
Safe Travels!
WBG

tessa

the guides are supposed to have a locking mechanism on them- ours have failed, at least it will stay shut when we travel.
when were in Elkhart I went over to my friends wood shop and made two blocks for each end of the desk to keep it open until the factory can send me the correct guides.
I use the entire desk for my setup when I work, I need my laptop, a 27" monitor and keyboard which is why I like this pull out desk drawer- really a good idea.

SNOKING

To use it seemed like a good idea until we got the trailer in use. Now I use a laptop on the table so wife can watch her TV programs. Printer is on the top shelf of the W/D closet. We are thinking about putting a sound bar for the TV there in place of the pull out. Chris

tessa

I only work a few days a week and DW works more during the week so I get the desk and get to take it down when we watch tv. I don't mind it too much