NorthTrails 22FBS Slide Topper Install

VRob13313

I have the right sized slide topper (Carefree SOK111) but after contacting Heartland they did not give me confidence in finding proper mounting points for the awning rail. Does anyone have this model 2016 22FBS with a slide topper installed that would be willing to send some pictures? The pulleys to operate the slide are above the slide out right about where the awning rail would be mounted. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

VRob13313

I have measured a few times. I am considering going just below the roof line. There is currently an awning rail along the 'rain gutter' but using it would create a sharp angle to the awning roll due to the mounting location (just below the flange) on the slide out. I am considering mounting the awning rail just under the rain gutter. If anyone has experience installing slide toppers any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

VRob13313

I have been inspecting every trailer/camper/coach with a slide topper. My plan is to measure two or three more times and install the rail using putty tape and a stud finder. I will install within the tolerance outlined in the guide. :)
thanks
Rob