Transfer switch for refrigerator??

Jwill18

I'm assuming this is the transfer switch to shift to 110 power via my batteries (charged by tow vehicle). Is this correct?
986380b94274f9066a1592bd918d24ef.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That is the control switch to turn the 1000W Invertor on and off. The transfer switch actually works automatically. So even if the light is on (Invertor on) when you are plugged into shore power the fridge will be pulling off of shore power, NOT the Inverter/battery power.
So you don't have to turn that off every time. On short stays I just leave it on.

Hope that made sense.
Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jwill18

That is the control switch to turn the 1000W Invertor on and off. The transfer switch actually works automatically. So even if the light is on (Invertor on) when you are plugged into shore power the fridge will be pulling off of shore power, NOT the Inverter/battery power.

Hope that made sense.
Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Yes, this makes perfect sense. It's not the transfer switch rather the power switch to the inverter. Thanks!

danemayer

If you leave the inverter on all the time, in the event of a shore power failure, the transfer switch will cut over to the inverter, and your refrigerator will run on battery power, keeping your food cold.

You can find out more about the transfer switch and inverter by looking over our Residential Refrigerator Guide.

Jwill18

Is there a way to turn off fridge when on shore power? Sometimes I may want to run the power and not turn on the fridge...

danemayer

Or turn off the circuit breaker in the main panel, along with the Magnum Remote for the Inverter.

Jwill18

I haven't seen a power button on the front but will look more closely. And the breaker was an obvious one that I didn't think of. Thanks!