Slide-out damage to floor

gesnider

I have a new 2009 3600RL. The kitchen slideout is making an imprint on the linoleum. I am wondering if this is a common problem or if I could have something adjusted to overcome this. I am worried that if I put a mat down to protect the floor, it may get caught in the slideout.

Forrest Fetherolf

My 3600RL had kitchen slide problems.......too much weight on rollers not installed under bearing points of slide. Heartland sent me extra rollers to install and I relocated existing rollers under three bearing points.

Forrest

Attachments

• KITCHEN_SLIDE1.JPG
    KITCHEN_SLIDE1.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 122
  • KITCHEN_SLIDE2.JPG
    KITCHEN_SLIDE2.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 117
  • KITCHEN_SLIDE3.JPG
    KITCHEN_SLIDE3.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 117
  • KItCHEN_SLIDE6.JPG
    KItCHEN_SLIDE6.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 115
  • KITCHEN_SLIDE4.JPG
    KITCHEN_SLIDE4.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 110
  • KITCHEN_SLIDE_REPAIR006.JPG
    KITCHEN_SLIDE_REPAIR006.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 106

irvin56

North Trail 31Qbs

We have a problem also. dealer will replace lino as it is ripped and will cut the front trim off about 1/4 inch or more. As this is what is cutting floor.

This is also on my fridge, stove and sink slide

vangoes

My slides did the same thing.....ripped the flooring and the other 2 slides was shreading the carpet. The cause was the screws in the bottom of the slideouts were drilled in at a angle and the wood screw heads were not countersunk which was providing a sharp edge dragging along the floor everytime the slide went in/out. The damage from this will happen quickly. My kitchen flooring ripped/gouged on my second trip.

With your slides out, look under the bottom from the outside. You will see the screw heads along each side. If they are not countersunk, that could be your problem.