My tow rig for our Heartland

DocMartin

We are pretty new to the forum and our Heartland. We have had it for a week and are doing our personal touches on it now. Our first tow with it is in two weeks to St Augustine for a little beach camping trip.

i wanted to post up what we tow our Road Warrior 427 with. This is our 2016 Denali 3500 dually. I bought this one new and wanted to stay with the LML Duramax and not be a tester of the new L5B. She towed the coach home very well from the dealer and even with 3700lbs of pin weight the truck was still level as can be. I don't do sag. Lol.

The truck is still emissions compliant but I do have a Motor Ops tuner and use the heavy tow tune. After my first trip I can report back on tow mileage with this one. On my 12k V Cross fiver the best I got was 12.1 on a nice level tow but usually got got 11.2-11.5. Without the tune I got about 1mpg less towing and 2-3 mpg better unloaded.

Attachments

• IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 149
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 144
  • FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 149

Poofam

Nice rig I have a 2015 3500 Denali DW haven't towed yet (on permanent site) what hitch do you have ?
ba484897f53d9f9cb594079ebe60ac0a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DocMartin

Love your color! On this RV we went with the new Anderson Ultimate 2 Hitch. So far I love it.
Easy to set up and very smooth. My last coach I used the Reese Goosebox.
Another great Hitch but they didn't have any 20k units in stock anywhere in the country.

Nice rig I have a 2015 3500 Denali DW haven't towed yet (on permanent site) what hitch do you have ?
ba484897f53d9f9cb594079ebe60ac0a.jpg

Poofam

Andersen was my first choice but I went with B&W so I could tow other people if I had to. We've been full timing for 3 years now and never move unless a hurricane comes. I just put the hitch in and haven't tried it yet, a lot of work (we have to much s$?t) for a test.. Looked up your rig and it sure is nice ours is the Charleston and LOVE it. If your ever up this way we are at Twin Lakes in Chocowinity NC, and go for a Cruise on my boat !

CoveredWagon

I have Andersen Ultimate hitch and love it. It's created a lot of interest at the campgrounds. And at 32 lbs. need I say more 😊

rblack22

We are pretty new to the forum and our Heartland. We have had it for a week and are doing our personal touches on it now. Our first tow with it is in two weeks to St Augustine for a little beach camping trip.

i wanted to post up what we tow our Road Warrior 427 with. This is our 2016 Denali 3500 dually. I bought this one new and wanted to stay with the LML Duramax and not be a tester of the new L5B. She towed the coach home very well from the dealer and even with 3700lbs of pin weight the truck was still level as can be. I don't do sag. Lol.

The truck is still emissions compliant but I do have a Motor Ops tuner and use the heavy tow tune. After my first trip I can report back on tow mileage with this one. On my 12k V Cross fiver the best I got was 12.1 on a nice level tow but usually got got 11.2-11.5. Without the tune I got about 1mpg less towing and 2-3 mpg better unloaded.

I bought a leftover 2016 on the lot, this past January. Wish it was your color, but white is alright. I towed my 12,000lb tow behind within the first 1000 miles on the clock, completely stock. It was easier than my F350 modded and bagged. I then added the bags and BnW turnover with the Anderson Ultimate and pulled my 18,000lb Cyclone 4014, just as easy and was averaging 12.5-13 mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
000908954b0e34d15b0825a042ee637c.jpg

DocMartin

Andersen was my first choice but I went with B&W so I could tow other people if I had to. We've been full timing for 3 years now and never move unless a hurricane comes. I just put the hitch in and haven't tried it yet, a lot of work (we have to much s$?t) for a test.. Looked up your rig and it sure is nice ours is the Charleston and LOVE it. If your ever up this way we are at Twin Lakes in Chocowinity NC, and go for a Cruise on my boat !

Thanks for the invite!

I have Andersen Ultimate hitch and love it. It's created a lot of interest at the campgrounds. And at 32 lbs. need I say more 😊

it does. Tows like a dream!

I bought a leftover 2016 on the lot, this past January. Wish it was your color, but white is alright. I towed my 12,000lb tow behind within the first 1000 miles on the clock, completely stock. It was easier than my F350 modded and bagged. I then added the bags and BnW turnover with the Anderson Ultimate and pulled my 18,000lb Cyclone 4014, just as easy and was averaging 12.5-13 mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
000908954b0e34d15b0825a042ee637c.jpg

I haven't decided if I'm gonna go with the air bags yet. I have a tow to St Augustine end of the month and I'll see how it goes. The truck still sits level.

R8RNAZ

IMG_0163.jpg
Ram 17
3500 I came from a GMC. I Didn't want to be a tester either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro