Scare light switch

OldSlowHans

CinC of Everything Else
2011 Big Country 3510RL.

Where is the switch for the outside scare lights?

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

I don't have an answer for you Hans but I toured your plant in MN a number of years ago when I was with TCI or AT&T. We were your customer.

OldSlowHans

CinC of Everything Else
I have a 2014 Big Country and the only on/off switch for the scare lights is on the remote.

That's what I was afraid of!

What were the designers thinking?

So, in the middle of the night in a forest service campground, dear wife says "I heard a weird noise out there by the fire-ring. Turn on the scare light, Honey". So I fumble around in the dark with the remote control FOB, half asleep, and lower the front landing gear instead. (Well, no, I didn't do that, but that is really dumb engineering. REALLY dumb!)

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have an answer for you Hans but I toured your plant in MN a number of years ago when I was with TCI or AT&T. We were your customer.

Hope you bought a lot of stuff from us!

It was a great company (bought out now). I had a great time there. Ran the data communications equipment design engineering group back in the 90's.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Hans, I felt the same way so I added individual switches to my panel. I found the remote receiver(the brain board) behind a panel in teh back of the cabinet. There are two wires together on the same screw. These are the individual wires for each light. I tapped into each of those wires, installed a diode on each line and tied into a 12 volt power line behind the switch panel. I then installed two switches and tied them in. I chose this method so that I could still use the remote if I wanted to. If you don't want them tied to the remote at all, then simply remove the wires from the board and forget about the diodes.

OldSlowHans

CinC of Everything Else
Hans, I felt the same way so I added individual switches to my panel. I found the remote receiver(the brain board) behind a panel in teh back of the cabinet. There are two wires together on the same screw. These are the individual wires for each light. I tapped into each of those wires, installed a diode on each line and tied into a 12 volt power line behind the switch panel. I then installed two switches and tied them in. I chose this method so that I could still use the remote if I wanted to. If you don't want them tied to the remote at all, then simply remove the wires from the board and forget about the diodes.

That’s my plan.

Haven’t found the control board. Have sent an email to Heartland customer support asking for location.

OldSlowHans

CinC of Everything Else
That’s my plan.

Haven’t found the control board. Have sent an email to Heartland customer support asking for location.

Heartland support says the relay board is behind the false wall on the rear of the pass-thru bay, near the central vac.

danemayer

Heartland support says the relay board is behind the false wall on the rear of the pass-thru bay, near the central vac.
It might be there. But often it's behind a hard to see panel in one of the cabinets toward the front of the kitchen/living area.