Feedback on convection microwave

JENDAVE

I'm hoping to get a little feedback regarding the Furrion convection microwaves. I've read all the literature, and watched YouTube videos, but it seems like mine takes a very long time to preheat and even longer time to cook. Everything I've seen tells me that this should not be the case. I would love some input, I've got a convection oven at home, but never had a convection microwave. it doesn't seem very efficient to me, I love to cook and I find myself missing my gas oven.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We have an older Amana in our Landmark. It takes quite a bit of time to preheat (especially if over 350), but is very efficient in cooking after preheating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobTheBuilder

Mine is the Frigidaire unit in a Bighorn and the same is true. I believe the difference is you don't have an exposed heating element in the microwave convection oven the way you do in a conventional oven that also is convection. It is slow to heat up and takes longer to cook but it is welcome during hot weather as it doesn't put so much heat into the coach.

danemayer

it seems like mine takes a very long time to preheat and even longer time to cook.

If you told us how long it takes to preheat to a particular temperature, you might get more specific answers.

Btw, although I haven't timed it, I'd guess our Amana convection/microwave takes around 20 minutes to preheat to 425 to cook pizza in convection mode. Once up to temp, if the pizza box says 17-20 minutes, it takes close to 20 minutes to cook the pizza.

And that's usually at 9,200 ft. where cook time on many recipes has to be extended.

JENDAVE

If you told us how long it takes to preheat to a particular temperature, you might get more specific answers.

Btw, although I haven't timed it, I'd guess our Amana convection/microwave takes around 20 minutes to preheat to 425 to cook pizza in convection mode. Once up to temp, if the pizza box says 17-20 minutes, it takes close to 20 minutes to cook the pizza.

And that's usually at 9,200 ft. where cook time on many recipes has to be extended.

It takes 20+ minutes to preheat to 425, 30+ minutes to cook a pizza. Elevation not an issue on the East coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk