Recommended wax products for RV exteriors?

kbausano

<Apologies if this thread has been discussed earlier - a quick topic search found nothing>

I've finally purchased a decent quality buffer in hopes of being able to wax and buff the exterior of my Bighorn 3760EL. I'm looking for purposes of beauty as well as removal of fine scratches and blemishes from 18 months of use.

Any product or application suggestions are greatly appreciated

Lynn1130

The above mentioned system and the product that I use (Rejex) are polymers and will not remove scratches. They will give the rig a shine that will amaze you but the scratches will still be there. A good wax, and there are many good brands will help with some of the lighter scratches but short of a mild compound buffing the scratches will remain. The issue with compounding a trailer is that this can, and probably will dull the decals if the trailer is worked over to much.

The attachment is an example of the depth of different scratches. A wax can sometime fill smaller scratches and they do not show as bad but overall they are still there unless some of the surface they have gouged is removed.

Attachments

• 2scratchesinpaint.jpg
    2scratchesinpaint.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 99

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
This is an amazing system for a Wash / System: Waterless RV, Aircraft, Boat Wax Mop Kit with Bug Scrubber / Mini Mop https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006AG7ZM4/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_gl0Hzb6QJHEYM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used this product as well, love it! However, you won't need to use a power buffer. It literally wipes on and wipes off with the same pressure, no waiting for it to dry or anything.

I did our whole rig and truck myself (a woman!) and would do it again!

7f51ddfdd9bee8de066afb5181215a8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk