Our Frigidaire is possessed

southernlady5464

When we were in Goshen at the rally, it stopped cooling (ours is still under warranty as we bought it late March 2017). Got on the phone with a CSR from Frigidaire and she talked us thru restarting it. Fast forward to after the 4th of July and it did it twice more in one day. Btw, we were in Butte, MT by then.

So I initiated a chat with Frigidaire and they set up a repair appointment with a local appliance repair shop. Next morning I called to verify and was rudely told they don't honor warranties on residential RV fridges. So I got back on with Frigidaire and the CSR told me RV residential fridges were not warranted. I copied the entire chat to save!

Thankfully, there is a Heartland dealer (they don't carry Landmarks) in Butte. They got us a direct line to someone at Heartland in their Service support dept. He gave us the name/number of the person who handles the residential fridges. She has been awesome to work with. After trying for 2 plus weeks to get it repaired, she decided to just replace instead since ours seems possessed. It will not hold a steady temp in the fridge side. We get variances from 27 to 41 degrees. And the outside display has not changed from 36 degrees.

We are now waiting for the new fridge to get to Butte (we moved up to Garrison for August) to the dealer. Once there we will make the service appt to have our current one taken out and the new one installed.

One thing that helped was being as patient as possible and seeing the humor in all this.

Thank you to the Heartland Service Dept and to the local Heartland dealer in Butte, Rocky Mountain RV. They've been so helpful in all this.

TxCowboy

Looks like the Fridigaire customer service has gotten worse in the past couple of years. We had a problem with the icemaker in our Fridigaire within two weeks of ownership and, after contacting HL, contacted a local appliance repair service that was blessed by Fridigaire.

The repair guy shows up and says "sure, he can fix it." But we have to remove it and reinstall it in the slide.

Yeah, I'm going to do that.

We turned off the water to the icemaker and bought a tabletop icemaker.

Mark-Roberta 051995

Hi,

This is only for reference as I am about to receive a Frigidaire in our new Charleston but can the fridge be taken out and replaced without taking the slide out? Ours is in the kitchen slide that has an island.

Hope you get your working quickly and efficiently.

Mark

southernlady5464

Hi,

This is only for reference as I am about to receive a Frigidaire in our new Charleston but can the fridge be taken out and replaced without taking the slide out? Ours is in the kitchen slide that has an island.

Hope you get your working quickly and efficiently.

Mark
Mark, it depends on the width of your door and the depth of your fridge. The depth of our fridge (once the doors were removed) was 26 inches. Our door is 28 inches.

The service dept at Rocky Mountain RV (a Heartland dealer) in Butte, MT was able to take out the old one and put the new one in thru the door and around the island. They did not have to take off the slide. We also have the Charleston (April 2016 build date but not purchased until March 2017 as new).

Good luck with yours.