362 king bed conversion

Jwill18

Just curious if anyone has changed your king bed to a queen bed. It will give a lot more room in the bedroom. I'm just curious with the slide mechanism as part of the bed. If so, pictures would be a big help.

Thanks.
Jason

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

BobTheBuilder

Some have done this. I was going to but after lots of research decided to stay with the RV king and replace it with a better bed. Here was my analysis:

replace with a nice memory or gel memory mattress (my choice is [h=1]DynastyMattress 10-inch CoolBreeze Gel RV Memory Foam Mattress (King RV)[/h]Overall the best values (good ratings and modest price of %550) appears to be a zinus through amazon.
RV kkking—pros, no changes to framing, maybe resell value. cons, still very big for getting around and changing sheets but we are not big.
queen—pros, gives us more room around. cons, requires cutting down osb and still has 3” of platform board projection (maybe 2” with pad and sheets) below mattress; or cutting down frame is huge project but could do both in stages.
olympic queen—pros, some additional space (6” total). cons, not offered by zinus and still requires cutting down of platform but other quality mattresses are available.