Colorado registration costs?

Stenz

Hey all,

For those that live in Colorado what do license plates cost on your travel trailers?

I know there are a lot of variables but any ball parks guesses will help.

I have a 2017 travel trailer.

Thanks

danemayer

Hi Stenz,

Colorado tags are based on value of the vehicle. Our 7 year old Landmark is $300+. I think there's a big drop at 5 years.

Gary521

Dan is correct for the most part. The total cost is based upon a fixed cost and variable cost. The variable cost being the value of the trailer and is the largest part of the total. The only good thing is that part of the total is tax deductible ( helps a little ).

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Interesting that you ask this question as I have to go next week to get the 2018 'stickers'.

The little card I got in the mail says it is $495 buckeroonies. :p

This will be the third year of tagging for the Prowler.

ksucats

Know the question was about Colorado, and not to hijack the thread, but it sounds like CO is the same as Kansas - they charge a set 'registration fee' and then Property Tax on top of that. Glad to find out as we've spoken about moving to the Colorado Springs area a few times. Wondered what we'd save, if anything. Thanks.

olcoon

In Missouri, if you have a 5th wheel trailer, you have to pay $52.50 one time fee for your license plate. It's a permanent tag, and it's only for that trailer, it can't be transferred to another one when you sell the original one.

danemayer

Colorado license tags are pricey, and Colorado has state income tax. But the property tax is about 1/4 of what I would pay in Austin, TX. So it all about evens out. And Colorado does have better views.