RV Show- Hershey PA Sept 10-14 2008

sasha_j

We will be there all 4 days researching and comparing toyhaulers with a fine tooth comb. From Heartland, we are looking at Cyclone 3210 and maybe the Razor 3110DS (if we can order it with 7k axles)

Heartland is listed in the show directory as an exhibitor. Please advise if you will be directly showing these 2 specific models on the show floor, or if you are aware of any dealers doing the same.

Thanks and see you at the show!

sasha_j

Oh, also, it would be helpful to know if any Cyclone or Razor product managers will be at the show. If so, I would like to make an appointment to spend some time with them, thanks.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Can't help you with what they are bringing in but we'll be chewing the same turf. This is gonna be a HUGE show, just setting it up is going to take over a week. Most of the units there will be straight from the manufacturers so I'm sure there will be factory reps there. Have no idea what the dealers are bringing in if they are bringing any units or just setting up a booth.

Our company alone is contracted to haul and drive in nearly 130 RVs for the show from various manufacturers and that's just a fraction of what's going to be there. I'm dedicated to towing in 2 units myself between Aug 31st and Sep 2nd and have no idea what they are yet.

Have a safe trip and enjoy the show.

Last edited:

Tom of Ypsi

Last year Jim B was there along with a factory rep that I cannot remember who it was. There were also a whole host of sales people ready, willing and able to help. The sales people I talked to seemed very Heartland knowledgable.
pmmjarrett, Maybe you are towing your new BH and just do not know it yet.

pmmjarrett

I wish. Unfortunatly I do know it won't be a Heartland I'm pulling, unfortunatly one of our competitors pulls more for them than we do:( I do get my share though:D

1st one should be a Newmar or R-Vision and 2nd one Keystone, R-Vision or Crossroads Looking at the dates we have to deliver them. Having a class A CDL I'd venture a best guess they'll want me on any Newmar 5th wheel 1st and a Big Keystone Fuzion, Raptor or Big Sky 2nd.

We have to play by different rules commercially than somebody just pulling them for recreational use so any time the trucks GVW and the trailers GVW is over 26k we need a class A CDL or the diesel bears will shut us down and make the company send another driver to pull it out of the scales.

Hey, Jim...... They gonna put you on the wash rack and make ya earn your keep when they bring the units in LOLNone.

sasha_j

We never have dry camped at this show, but will be doing so this time. $20 a day. We use only solar and dual 6V's. Hope the weather is mild and we don't have to breathe our neighbors generator exhaust...........

davelinde

We dry camped last year at the show. Pluses: They had security at the entrance to the lot (collecting their $20 per night and giving info) big overhead lights on a generator also for security, and the lot is directly across the street from the show. As always, when you get a group of RV'ers together, we met a nice group of people for the three days we were there.

Minus's: the overhead lights on generators were left on all night and they were loud. Also, a rear entrance to the show was a stones throw away from the overnight lot, but they insisted that you take the bus from the lot to the front entrance to the show. The bus's were irregular and wound all around the parking lot, taking forever to get you to the front entrance and back. I'm guessing it was probably a safety precaution, but what a hassle. After we bought our tickets, we mostly walked in the back entrance.

Overall, we had a great time, and really appreciated being able to go back "home" when we needed a break.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
If you don't want to dry camp there is another campground about six miles from Hershey, called Hershey Conewago Campground. We are vendors at this show and stay there every year. Their sites are much larger than Hershey Highmeadow and the park is privately owned by a great guy named Dave and his wife...wonderful people. Check...they might still have a site or two left!

pmmjarrett

Well, all hooked up to my first load, a 40' toy hauler. Will head out in the morning and drop it sunday, head back and grab a 36' fifth wheel for tuesday delivery.

Yard here is very busy all day with one unit after the other pulling out for Hershey. We have well over 130 units to deliver now with last minute stuff rolling in.

Dry camping, I gonna have to rough it sleeping in the makeshift bed in the cab of my truck, that's about as dry as I can get LOL.

For those of you headed to the show have a safe trip.

sasha_j

Can anyone from Heartland respond to my original request, ie will the factory and/or any dealers be showing a Cyclone 3210 at the show?

Thanks.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
The campers are rolling into to town. I followed a sundance into town yesterday. This weekend, if the rain is not to bad, I will ride my bike around the area and report back. Would be nice to have a listing from heartland. We plan to be in the same sites at high meadows as last year. See you there Jim.

truknutt

Committed Member
Coil n' Wrap Vendors Cancelling visit to Hershey

For those of you attending the show this week and wanting to visit with the Coil n' Wrap folks, unfortunately they have cancelled so they can help with Hurricane Hugo disaster relief in the Gulf area.

This information is stated in the Coil n' Wrap September Newsletter I just received.

Coil n' Wrap handles numerous RV products to include the now famous Oxygenics Body Spa touted by our own Jim Beletti in a thread started back in July of this year.

Hope to see some of you there on Saturday...hopefully the rain will stay away!

Dave

pmmjarrett

For those of you attending the show this week and wanting to visit with the Coil n' Wrap folks, unfortunately they have cancelled so they can help with Hurricane Hugo disaster relief in the Gulf area.

This information is stated in the Coil n' Wrap September Newsletter I just received.

Coil n' Wrap handles numerous RV products to include the now famous Oxygenics Body Spa touted by our own Jim Beletti in a thread started back in July of this year.

Hope to see some of you there on Saturday...hopefully the rain will stay away!

Dave

Hurricane Hugo:confused: I assume you mean Ike. Hugo was in 1989 - 19 years ago.

truknutt

Committed Member
Hurricane Hugo:confused: I assume you mean Ike. Hugo was in 1989 - 19 years ago.

I quote their Newsletter.....

[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]Show Cancellations
[/FONT]

In the almost seven years that Coil n' Wrap has been in business Judy and I and our teams have rarely missed a show. Judy and I had never cancelled a show until earlier this year when her father passed away. George and Dusty Reese have just cancelled three shows as they were requested to take part in disaster relief in the gulf area after Hurricane Hugo. They will NOT be attending the Hershey PA RV Show, the RVing Women RV Rally or the Pomona RV show in October. We apologize for this inconvenience and wish George and Dusty well in their disaster relief efforts. Our other road team is hoping to pick up the Pomona Show but we do not have this confirmed at this time. They are enroute back from a holiday in Alaska.

Maybe they are really slooooooooow to clean up down south?!!

Dave

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hello guys.. we just arrived in Gettysburg today. Drove right by Hershey PA on the way. Got on the forum and saw.. RV Show 50 miles away..

Guess where I am going to be on tomorrow.. I want to see the new RV especially Heartland. I love our 3400RE so I won't be making any purchases, but I would like to see some of you that are going to be there. I will be wearing a Heartland cap from Jim B and a blue Heartland shirt. If you see me be sure to say hi..

We are now staying at Artillery Ridge Camping Resort, site #324, down by the horse stalls. Got good neighbors. Plans right now are to stay thru Monday. Maybe later if I find a lot to poke around here..

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Bob and Patty...come see me in the Giant center at the Rescue Tape booth! Can't get away, by myself...so come by and say hey!!

Where are you staying in Gettysburg?...I'm headed there on Sunday, after the show, to Gettysburg Battlefied resort.

Kathy