Shipping an RV to Heartland?

sdwelling

I found ruptures in the fiberglass skin of my 2012 Cyclone 4014. Location is the forward, bottom corner of the front bedroom slide. It's very near the pin box on the driver's side (there's another thread detailing the damage that I can see). As an engineer, I'm thinking the absolute worst (cracked frame) and planning for a trip back to the factory from Maryland. I'm afraid to tow the unit, else I'd make the drive to Indiana. Has anyone shipped a unit to Heartland?

Does anyone know if the warranty period on the frame?

As always, thank you in advance for your comments.

jnbhobe

I would just pull it back I took my name with the pin Box moving an inch I also had separation left front under bedroom slide Hartland took care of it with no problem at all

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Call Heartland Customer Service, 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030, having your VIN number in that HL Customer SErvice will need it for verification. They will probably ask you for pictures of the problem so I would go ahead and be prepared to have them handy to email or fax to them.

danemayer

As suggested, contact Heartland with pictures ready to go. It's helpful to put the camera on a stationary object, point it at the area in question and make sure it's in focus. Tape a ruler near the area in question so the scale of the problem is clear. Then take a picture with the trailer supported by the front landing gear. Then take another picture with the trailer hitched up so it's supported by the truck.

If you have an upper frame problem, the photos should make it easy to understand and reach a preliminary evaluation. Heartland will advise on whether it's reasonable to tow it to the factory. And if not, it's not reasonable for you to hire someone to do so. But I don't think anyone with frame flex up front has been told that the rig is not towable.

gasman

Camp Socializer
I really don't know how you would ship it as it is 13' 3" to the top of the a/c units. When you load it on a lowboy, you will be overheight which will require pilot cars and special trip routing. The other option is to remove the suspension and hire a crane to lift it on and off on both ends. Just tow it to the factory.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I really don't know how you would ship it as it is 13' 3" to the top of the a/c units. When you load it on a lowboy, you will be overheight which will require pilot cars and special trip routing. The other option is to remove the suspension and hire a crane to lift it on and off on both ends. Just tow it to the factory.

I would not think of doing this, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to tow it back to Heartland yourself. We towed ours on trips for 9 months before we could get time off to take it to the factory.

But I actually have seen an old Montana being hauled on a lowboy. It was sitting on its axles. When we saw it, I was thinking, "I'm not sure those axles will ever be the same again!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk