Dishwasher/ Washer Dryer

wwtpo3

I own a 2017 Landmark 365 Newport. I want to install a dishwasher in it. I have a brushed stainless steel refrigerator and want it to match. I want to know what brand does the factory install. Also is there hookups like the laundry underneath the sink. I also want to install a washer and dryer . What is the best brand?

ksucats

We have the Splendide washer and dryer (stackable units). Nice to have two separate units as you can dry a load while washing a load. There are combination units but we were not impressed with them when we were looking for our unit (almost two years ago). technology has changed some from then but the detractors to the combination unit was overall time and that you really couldn't dry as much as you washed. Plus the clothes seem to come out more wrinkled. Space may be a concern for you though as the stackables / separate units do take up considerably more closet space.

As for a dishwasher - we don't have one. However our unit was plumbed for one. Look underneath your sink - if like ours there will already be a drain line set up for one - it should have a plug on it but some posts have indicated that their coaches did not have plugs. Electrical was / is also there on ours. Don't have a brand though.

Congratulations on the new coach and happy, safe, travels.

wwtpo3

We have the Splendide washer and dryer (stackable units). Nice to have two separate units as you can dry a load while washing a load. There are combination units but we were not impressed with them when we were looking for our unit (almost two years ago). technology has changed some from then but the detractors to the combination unit was overall time and that you really couldn't dry as much as you washed. Plus the clothes seem to come out more wrinkled. Space may be a concern for you though as the stackables / separate units do take up considerably more closet space.

As for a dishwasher - we don't have one. However our unit was plumbed for one. Look underneath your sink - if like ours there will already be a drain line set up for one - it should have a plug on it but some posts have indicated that their coaches did not have plugs. Electrical was / is also there on ours. Don't have a brand though.

Congratulations on the new coach and happy, safe, travels.
Thank you for your advice. Dealer recommends Splendide. Splendide has 1 yr warranty, Pinnacle has 5yr warranty. Hard choice.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thank you for your advice. Dealer recommends Splendide. Splendide has 1 yr warranty, Pinnacle has 5yr warranty. Hard choice.

Personally, I would not recommend Pinnacle. I had a combo unit for about a month, did not feel it was operating properly. When I contacted Pinnacle for warranty coverage by phone, I never talked to someone with English as a first language. They did not care that I was inconvenienced. They would only bark orders to send in a warranty request. Once they received it, they told me they would schedule someone to come and look at the unit, and if parts could be replaced they would order parts. Then return later to install parts once the parts arrive. They called me two times to ask where the request was. (Again, barking orders.) They insisted they would not replace the unit, even though it was making a burning smell and I only had it a few weeks.

I ended up contacting PPL, whom I purchased it from, and they replaced the unit with a Splendide at my request. PPL was very understanding. Since we purchased at their store in Grandbury, we had to return the unit to them. (About a 2 hour drive, one way.) However, once I arrived with the unit in my SUV, they had guys ready to pull the old unit out and put the new unit in. I was in and out in 15 minutes! And they did not charge me the difference between the Pinnacle and the Splendide (about $125).

We've been very happy with our Splendide Combo unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wwtpo3

Personally, I would not recommend Pinnacle. I had a combo unit for about a month, did not feel it was operating properly. When I contacted Pinnacle for warranty coverage by phone, I never talked to someone with English as a first language. They did not care that I was inconvenienced. They would only bark orders to send in a warranty request. Once they received it, they told me they would schedule someone to come and look at the unit, and if parts could be replaced they would order parts. Then return later to install parts once the parts arrive. They called me two times to ask where the request was. (Again, barking orders.) They insisted they would not replace the unit, even though it was making a burning smell and I only had it a few weeks.

I ended up contacting PPL, whom I purchased it from, and they replaced the unit with a Splendide at my request. PPL was very understanding. Since we purchased at their store in Grandbury, we had to return the unit to them. (About a 2 hour drive, one way.) However, once I arrived with the unit in my SUV, they had guys ready to pull the old unit out and put the new unit in. I was in and out in 15 minutes! And they did not charge me the difference between the Pinnacle and the Splendide (about $125).

We've been very happy with our Splendide Combo unit.

Thank you for your support. You have convinced me to buy Splendide. I also will purchase from PPL. Thank you Rick. 😀

porthole

Retired
We have used a Splendide combo for 8 years now, happy with the unit.

The Landmarks use to come with XYZ brand dishwasher. The current models come with the top of the line Fisher Paykel unit.

dlw930

We have the Splendide stackable that were in our 2013 Landmark when we purchased it in 2015 from PPL. They have flawlessly washed and dried 8-10 loads per week for the past 18 months of full-timing. Regarding PPL, I've purchased many items from them including a Winegard Traveler satellite dish and found them to be very good both before, during and after the sale. I ran into PPL's owner last January at an RV expo in Mercedes, Texas, and expressed my appreciation to her.

wwtpo3

We have used a Splendide combo for 8 years now, happy with the unit.

The Landmarks use to come with XYZ brand dishwasher. The current models come with the top of the line Fisher Paykel unit.
Thank you for your advice. We ordered Splendide stackable and Fisher Paykel dishwasher.