Sub woofer?

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Since it is raining here in Oklahoma I decided to properly hook up the replacement CD/DVD/stereo receiver, which Heartland supplied us, today. When the dealership told me the new one was in I just took the bad one in and exchanged for the new one. I didn't properly hook up the new one because we didn't need it because the TV played and DVDs played OK too. When I decide to do this I used an OHM meter and traced the wires back to the unit from each speaker mounted on the ceiling. When I finished tracing the wires, I had one speaker wire remaining and the remaining connection on the back of the unit said it was for the subwoofer. Well that is where I hooked the wires. However, since we've owned the unit I've never seen anything which would, in my opinion, qualify as a subwoofer speaker. The 5er is a 2008 Bighorn model 3400RE.
BTW , the connections read as follows, left speaker, right speaker, center speaker, left surround, right surround and subwoofer. The only wires in question are the last two, all the others went to the appropriate speakers.

rservies

Hello, I don't know where the Sub Woofer is hidden in the 3400, but in our 2006 Model 3055 model it's behind the fireplace out of sight and well hidden. I found it when I removed the fireplace for service. I hope this helps. rservies

sgtbigb

Ist door on the right as you are fasing the tv You will find the sub woofer in the rear!

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Thanks y'all. I was wondering if it might be behind the fireplace. It isn't in any of the cabinets for sure. Maybe when and if I get froggy I'll pull the fireplace and check there someday.

Forrest Fetherolf

Many sub-woofers were buried behind the fireplaces. My 06 3600RL was, I found it by mistake when checking why the FP heater wouldn't blow hot air.............the fireplace was mounted on the carpet, which is a no-no according to the manufacturer's specs.

Forrest