Stackable Washer/Dryer in 2015 Heartland Landmark Grand Canyon

ergray3

We have a 2015 Heartland Landmark Grand Canyon. Currently have a Splendide Washer/Dryer All-In-One installed. This machine has major issues and is a disaster. See other posts on issues with this unit. The Closet for the Washer/Dryer is located in the front right-hand corner. There is adequate space for a Stackable Washer/Dryer, which is what we want to install. Is it permissible to install a Stackable Washer/Dryer in this closet without adversely affecting the camper. And if so, what brand of Stackable Washer/Dryer has given good service in your opinion. Thanks in advance for any help. Robbie

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have a 2015 Heartland Landmark Grand Canyon. Currently have a Splendide Washer/Dryer All-In-One installed. This machine has major issues and is a disaster. See other posts on issues with this unit. The Closet for the Washer/Dryer is located in the front right-hand corner. There is adequate space for a Stackable Washer/Dryer, which is what we want to install. Is it permissible to install a Stackable Washer/Dryer in this closet without adversely affecting the camper. And if so, what brand of Stackable Washer/Dryer has given good service in your opinion. Thanks in advance for any help. Robbie

Robbie, what issues are you having with your combo? I could not find your posts about it. I have a Splendide Combo, that's why I'm asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ergray3

Robbie, what issues are you having with your combo? I could not find your posts about it. I have a Splendide Combo, that's why I'm asking.

Erika,
Keep getting Error Code 13. Have performed the flush procedure many times with no success. Have disassembled the machine and removed lint with no success. Finally the heating coils failed and their is not any heat when drying. Called Splendide and representative said to remove machine from camper and flush with water to wash lint into drum. Giving up and hopefully installing a stackable set. Hope this helps. Robbie

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Erika,
Keep getting Error Code 13. Have performed the flush procedure many times with no success. Have disassembled the machine and removed lint with no success. Finally the heating coils failed and their is not any heat when drying. Called Splendide and representative said to remove machine from camper and flush with water to wash lint into drum. Giving up and hopefully installing a stackable set. Hope this helps. Robbie

Ok, thank you!

shelsay

Hi--

We have a 2011 Grand Canyon with stackable Splendides. It's a tight fit, but it's OK. We haven't had any problems with ours and are quite satisfied with their performance.

Pat

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We put Whirlpool stackables in our 2011 Grand Canyon. Plenty of room.

ergray3

We put Whirlpool stackables in our 2011 Grand Canyon. Plenty of room.

Thanks so much. Good news for our Grand Canyon. Robbie

- - - Updated - - -

Hi--

We have a 2011 Grand Canyon with stackable Splendides. It's a tight fit, but it's OK. We haven't had any problems with ours and are quite satisfied with their performance.

Pat

Thanks for the info. This is great news for our Grand Canyon. Robbie

boatto5er

Thanks so much. Good news for our Grand Canyon. Robbie

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the info. This is great news for our Grand Canyon. Robbie

One caveat. We did have to remove the bedroom door and one side of the door trim to get them into the bedroom.

boatto5er

We have the Whirlpool 110volt stackables. Search the Whirlpool site for Apartment size dryers.

jimbob195

Hi--

Pat

David and Pat,
I am looking to put a washer/dryer in my 2011 Grand Canyon. I found a great deal on a barely used Splendide Ariston stackable set. Which model of Splendide stackables did you install? Also, what and where did you install the dryer vent. My GC doesn't have one and i will need to install one.

Thanks in advance and Happy Trails. Jim and JaNae Martin

shelsay

We have the Ariston models. They were installed by Camping World. I think the dryer vent location was noted on the interior wall but not sure.

Pat

mlpeloquin

Just to remind people that the dryer vent location pasted on the RV wall is a suggestion. You have to use due diligence to make sure that you really are not going through a metal wall stud. Use a metal stud finder to mark where the studs are and drill a hole part way and finish on the other side. You can also see the stud locations as due forms on the out side. The stud finder works quickly.