2016 Cyclone 4200 Water Pump Location

Robsterling

I am sure someone has asked and answered this question, I just can’t find where! I am trying to locate the water pump on my 2016 Cyclone 4200. The pump runs, but does not pump water. It sounds as if it isn’t primed. It was spitting air and water yesterday. I am assuming there is a valve on the pump that is opened allowing air into the system? Good guess? Bad guess?

Thank you in advance!
Robert Price
Wise, VA

danemayer

Hi Robsterling,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The water pump is usually behind the rear wall of the pass through storage, near the Universal Docking Center (UDC). The valve that is used to suck antifreeze through the pump to winterize may have been left open.

alwaysbusy

Mr Rob,
If the pump has been working fine up until this point and the valve is set right, I would first check your Anderson valve. Once one of the black rings split, it can allow air to enter the system and you will experience exactly what you described. While there are parts on/in the pump which can indeed be suspect in a water problem, an issue with the Anderson is more probable IF the pumps been working fine up until now. The valve is easy to check and replace. If you contact company they will send you a new valve free of charge. They also have a video posted on how to replace.

Robsterling

Mr Rob,
If the pump has been working fine up until this point and the valve is set right, I would first check your Anderson valve. Once one of the black rings split, it can allow air to enter the system and you will experience exactly what you described. While there are parts on/in the pump which can indeed be suspect in a water problem, an issue with the Anderson is more probable IF the pumps been working fine up until now. The valve is easy to check and replace. If you contact company they will send you a new valve free of charge. They also have a video posted on how to replace.

AlwaysBusy,

You hit the nail on the head. I took the pump out and it worked perfect. Put everything back and was getting lots of air in the system. If I cover the city water inlet (while pumping from the holding tank) the air in the system stops. My rig is a year old. I’m assuming this is an ongoing issue with the Anderson 4 way valve? Should I order the Anderson 200RV-RK valve repair kit or a new valve?

thanks so much for your help!

alwaysbusy

Don't hold me to this, but I think the kit is just with the small Allen wrench included. Call the Anderson Brass Company, they will send you a new one for free. With your year, make and model they'll know what to send you. The valve will come prelubed. The Anderson Valve is a weak point in the system if you ask me and yes, it's very very common. I keep a spare on hand and recommend you do the same. Once you see how easy they are to simply pull out and push the new in, I think you'll agree. The company began making a new style valve last year but I have no experience with it and can't speak as to how good it is compared to. Glad you figured it out.