Goodyear Tires Discussion

azbound

The issue of bad tires / Chines Bombs is industry wide. I have read in other forums that some buyers are negotiating US made tires at the time of purchase. Goodyear G614 and Michelin XPS Ribs seem to be the tires of choice. I have also read that Good year is having some of it's tires made in China so you may have to have it wrighten in the sales agreement that if you order Goodyear they are US made. The country of manufacture is on the tire.

Tires aside Heartland makes a good RV and the factory support is second to none, if I were grading Heartlands factory support I would give them an A+.

Good Hunting

snuffy

The issue of bad tires / Chines Bombs is industry wide. I have read in other forums that some buyers are negotiating US made tires at the time of purchase. Goodyear G614 and Michelin XPS Ribs seem to be the tires of choice. I have also read that Good year is having some of it's tires made in China so you may have to have it wrighten in the sales agreement that if you order Goodyear they are US made. The country of manufacture is on the tire.

Tires aside Heartland makes a good RV and the factory support is second to none, if I were grading Heartlands factory support I would give them an A+.

Good Hunting

Most if not all Marathons are now made in China. Not sure about the G614's but I think they are made here. I have not had any problems with my Chinese Marathons. My previous set was Canadian made.
Below is a response from Goodyear I received last year about their Chinese tires.

Sent by: Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Consumer Relations 728 1144 East Market Street Akron, OH 44316 Voice #: 800.321.2136 Fax #:

Thank you for contacting our web site and for your interest in Goodyear tires. Goodyear is a global company with factories all over
the world. The same molds and standards would apply to all of our tires regardless of the country of origin.

Barbara Hummel
Consumer Relations

THoltz

For those considering Goodyear tires, there is an interesting article about Goodyear tires at RV.org, click RV reporter button and scroll down to the Goodyear article. Just can't trust anyone anymore.