external frigerator access cover

Came back last week found outside refrigerator access cover missing. I descovered cover had come loose and fell off and got caught on drain hose and slapped the side of my Malard several times as it blew in the wind and damaged the side of the camper. service person said locking clips must have been defective.

wdk450

There was another recent posting on the same problem. I noted that all Dometic illustrations of the access covers shows them with the locking clips on the BOTTOM. Heartland seems to be installing the access ports with the locking clips on the top. I am not SURE this is the cause of these covers coming loose - Some one needs to call Dometic service for an answer.

Here is a link to the previous thread on the subject: https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/67745-Lost-my-Vent-Cover-to-Refrigertor

Last edited:

Oregon_Camper

There was another recent posting on the same problem. I noted that all Dometic illustrations of the access covers shows them with the locking clips on the BOTTOM. Heartland seems to be installing the access ports with the locking clips on the top. I am not SURE this is the cause of these covers coming loose - Some one needs to call Dometic service for an answer.

LOL...yep, that "recent post" was me. $56 dollars later, I have a new black cover...which does not match my full body paint, but funny thing is, is it almost looks like another window.

vent.jpg

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Came back last week found outside refrigerator access cover missing. I descovered cover had come loose and fell off and got caught on drain hose and slapped the side of my Malard several times as it blew in the wind and damaged the side of the camper. service person said locking clips must have been defective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk