Is this newbie expecting too much?

atckid

I bought a new 2017 Heartland Mallard M27 from Camping World in Statesville, NC. After three camping trips I found several items that needed replacing or repaired. None of the repairs I would consider anything major. A gap in the nightstand, a scratched/damaged wall, a short in a light etc. I made an appointment and BEFORE my last camping trip (July 21-23) and I delivered my trailer to Camping World in Statesville, for the warranty repairs on Monday July 24th. As of 9am this morning (4 weeks) they say the ordered parts have not arrived. Am I expecting too much here? Is this normal for Heartland and/or Camping World? If so maybe camping or Heartland isn't for me. I am usually patient but this seems excessive to me. Is there someone at Heartland that can help me?
Thank You,

Harry "Sandy" Johnson

2017 Mallard M27
2016 RAM 1500 Hemi

danemayer

Hi atckid,

If any of the parts are cabinets or drawers or other wood items, they're all custom made which can add a few weeks.

But, you should call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can tell you when the dealer placed the order for the parts and when they're expected to ship.

Let us know what you discover.

atckid

Hi atckid,

If any of the parts are cabinets or drawers or other wood items, they're all custom made which can add a few weeks.

But, you should call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can tell you when the dealer placed the order for the parts and when they're expected to ship.

Let us know what you discover.

Thanks Dan,
I called Heartland and found out the parts were ordered on Aug. 9th, (2 1/2 WEEKS AFTER my appointment on July 24th!!!), sent out on the 11th and signed for today. Waiting to hear back from Camping World. Heartland did there job! Thanks! (Don't know if I can say this but...) I AM DONE WITH CAMPING WORLD!
Thanks again for helping me with this.
Harry

klp605

Thanks Dan,
I called Heartland and found out the parts were ordered on Aug. 9th, (2 1/2 WEEKS AFTER my appointment on July 24th!!!), sent out on the 11th and signed for today. Waiting to hear back from Camping World. Heartland did there job! Thanks! (Don't know if I can say this but...) I AM DONE WITH CAMPING WORLD!
Thanks again for helping me with this.
Harry

If you are within a reasonable distance to your CW, any time you go in for warranty work return a few days later. At that time, request the Work Order History from the service desk. This will provide you with when and what CW submitted to Heartland, Heartlands response and status of the repair. CW service can't misguide you then.

Gary521

I did not buy nor have my trailer serviced at Camping World but a friend of mine did. He has a Class A. He has taken his rig back to CW on several occasions for warranty work. Each time the work took forever and each time the work was not done correctly. On many service trips they out and out lied to him. Marcus should spend more time fixing internal issues rather than spending time in front of a camera.