New Phoenix Floorplan

AWesdorp

Hello everyone,
I am happy to announce the new Phoenix Landmark! Please see the attached flier for details. We've taken clues for this floor plan from our brethren within the HRV family but have created the most rear storage ever built into a Heartland fifth wheel, located on all 3 rear exterior sides, underneath the elevated rear den. This will include a giant MOR/ryde slide out storage tray on the rear of the unit. I'm very excited to launch this to our dealers at the upcoming open house next month and production should start in late October.

The marketing team and I are hoping to film a few model-change videos soon to detail what changes have been made. Stay tuned and have a great Thursday,
Andy

Attachments

• Landmark Intro Flier Phoenix.pdf
    461.8 KB · Views: 660

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
Looks nice, should have all the kinks worked by 2025 when we're ready for our next one

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hershey...sweetest place in Pennsylvania

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Thanks for the update Andy. Hearing from Brand Managers about new products is just another reason to love Heartland.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Looks like a cross between a Big Country 4011ERD and a Bighorn 3970RD, but with added Landmark amenities! Way to go! (I Still love my BC, tho!)

dlw930

Thanks Andy! More storage is always a good thing. How will this impact the axle and kingpin weights (dry and gross)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
After further review, I am concerned about the w/d location. How is that accessed? How will w/d be installed? Can you access the pantry with slides in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
I'm very excited to launch this to our dealers at the upcoming open house next month and production should start in late October.

The marketing team and I are hoping to film a few model-change videos soon to detail what changes have been made. Stay tuned and have a great Thursday,
Andy

It would of been great to Launch it at the Hershey show bet you would of gotten several orders on it nice floor plan it may top my favorite floor plan the Newport but I'll have to see it in person first. Hopefully there will be one at the Tampa, FL Show in January to see. Keep up the innovative designs.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Nice floor plan but a good option would to swap one of the rear sofas for desk.
Don
Now if they did that, I might even consider trading my Newport (with the downstairs office) for the Phoenix. Until then I'll keep my Newport.

porthole

Retired
Industry first walk in closet? I think we saw that ion the Newport at Goshen ;)

Just a suggestion, before the crew starts hanging the closet rods, give them a hanger or two so they can be spaced out to hang straight with a little bit of clearance front and back.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Andy! More storage is always a good thing. How will this impact the axle and kingpin weights (dry and gross)?

I noticed on the Newport at Goshen that the yellow label has finally updated the cargo capacity.
The Newport had a 18K GVW with a 4500 pound total cargo capacity. 3700 after adding water (empty waste tanks)

pegmikef

Just a suggestion, before the crew starts hanging the closet rods, give them a hanger or two so they can be spaced out to hang straight with a little bit of clearance front and back.

. . . and have them raise the rod so there is just enough room above it to hang the coat hanger and not four or five wasted inches above it.

AWesdorp

Hi all, thanks for all the feedback on the Phoenix. Those of you that have seen a G.D. Solitude--correct, they did a great job on the rear storage and we're adapting some of their use-of-space as opposed to how BH and BC did it internally.

Length-41'7''

Bob does a great job of axle placement so that pin weight will be proper for the coach.

Walk-in closet--yes--a Landmark industry first (Newport and Louisville at the open house) moreso than a Phoenix first, but an amazing closet concept nonetheless.

Keep the questions coming and have a great day,
Andy

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed on the Newport at Goshen that the yellow label has finally updated the cargo capacity.
The Newport had a 18K GVW with a 4500 pound total cargo capacity. 3700 after adding water (empty waste tanks)

travlingman

I have a few questions Andy:

• Floor plan shows den area as being carpet, is hard surface flooring available?
  • Is the theater seating in den the same seats used in all Landmarks, or is it a smaller version? Some brands use a smaller size to fit that space.
  • How do access the washer/dryer? From inside closet or is there a door in bedroom?
  • There was rumor that you were going to a tankless water heater. Did that happen?

Thanks,

AWesdorp

• Floor plan shows den area as being carpet, is hard surface flooring available?
  • Is the theater seating in den the same seats used in all Landmarks, or is it a smaller version? Some brands use a smaller size to fit that space.
  • How do access the washer/dryer? From inside closet or is there a door in bedroom?
  • There was rumor that you were going to a tankless water heater. Did that happen?

Good questions--

Answers:
--The W/D access will be in the closet. No good way to hinge a door against the bedroom slide out. The hanging storage will not impede access.
--The proto unit will have carpet but I will inquire about hard surface flooring. Good idea!
--Theater seating, as with all 2018 model change furniture, comes in pieces we install. A sofa is 3 pieces, either end and the middle. Hence, the loveseats you see will be the 2 ends and no sofa-middle piece.
--Tankless water heater on hold. Very expensive and still getting mixed feedback from users on it. Would love more feedback from you all regarding it. Couldn't have it as an option; it'd be all or nothing.

Thanks all!
Andy

porthole

Retired
--Tankless water heater on hold. Very expensive and still getting mixed feedback from users on it. Would love more feedback from you all regarding it. Couldn't have it as an option; it'd be all or nothing.

Thanks all!
Andy

Since you asked, not interested at all.

Have used standard electric and electric/propane heaters in boats and RV's since the early 90's

For the type of water flow we use, which tends to minimal, stored heated water works best.

travlingman

Good questions--

Answers:
--The W/D access will be in the closet. No good way to hinge a door against the bedroom slide out. The hanging storage will not impede access.
--The proto unit will have carpet but I will inquire about hard surface flooring. Good idea!
--Theater seating, as with all 2018 model change furniture, comes in pieces we install. A sofa is 3 pieces, either end and the middle. Hence, the loveseats you see will be the 2 ends and no sofa-middle piece.

Thanks all!
Andy

Thanks for the reply.

Will have to see a unit. Being 6'2" the W/D in closet might present a problem for us.

Would like to see hard surface, vinyl, etc. in den area as that is high traffic area and would be easier to take care of than carpet.

A tankless water heater would about cause us to mark a Landmark off the list. We use COE campgrounds alot which don't have sewer. The extra water a tankless uses would not work for us. Also don't like the idea of having to use my propane when I am paying for the electric at a campsite.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator: