Backup camera without the "put it here" plastic piece

kevlar119

Hello - buying a used 2015 4200 HD - I don't see the camera prep area above the rear awning - is the wiring still there for anything? Would I just cautiously cut in that area to attach it? Thanks in advance!

pjones1969

If it's not "pre-wired" you would tie it in to the running lights, your lights would have to be on from the tow vehicle for the camera to work. A lot are wired this way from the factory and others are wired always "hot"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

I've installed backup cams on a number of my RVs over the years. Most of the cam brackets I've used had 3 holes in the back of them. One in the center that is large and one on each side of the center that are small. The small ones are for the fasteners and the large center hole is to pass the wire and connector into the mounting surface (rear cap).

On all my installs that did not have any existing mount on the RV, I used "Well Nuts and Stainless Steel Machine Screws to attach the bracket to the rear cap. I first however, drill the larger hole for the wire/connector.

WellNuts__31189.1440277754.600.600.jpg

On edit: found some install pics - link

kevlar119

Those look like they will work! Thanks. I've seen some newer toy haulers with a camera on the back and one in the garage, but haven't found a Furrion model that shows the monitor which will show two cameras. Do you know if they are a different brand?

jbeletti

Those look like they will work! Thanks. I've seen some newer toy haulers with a camera on the back and one in the garage, but haven't found a Furrion model that shows the monitor which will show two cameras. Do you know if they are a different brand?

I haven't seen a Furrion system that accepts 2 cameras. Personally, I've had great luck with the Voyager product from ASA Electronics. They make multi-camera monitors (wired and wireless) - link