Our Landmark 365 Key West SURVIVED Hurricane Harvey waterfront in Rockport, Texas!!

TxCowboy

Deleted. The view we can't see shows the rear window broken out. The RV filled with water -- sea salt everywhere.

Oh, well, time for a new Landmark.

Attachments

• Landmark Key West after Harvey, 26 Aug 17.jpg
    Landmark Key West after Harvey, 26 Aug 17.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 408
  • Landmark Key West after Harvey 2.jpg
    Landmark Key West after Harvey 2.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

WOW that's incredible. Glad to see you and the LM 365 are all OK.
I see the other RV in the photo didn't far so we'll.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Jeff & Laurie - that's awesome that the LM is still standing.

You may have some cosmetic damage from flying debris. Maybe even some holes in the shower skylight or vent covers. Expect that rain water was forced past the slide seals.

I'd go visit the RV with a plan to potentially do some cover-up / clean-up.

What I'd bring with me:
- Small generator
- Fans to help dry out carpets etc.
- Small wet/dry shop vac
- Many, many towels
- Heavy mil thickness plastic
- Gorilla Glue duct tape

Wishing you the best!

Lou_and_Bette

WOW that's incredible. Glad to see you and the LM 365 are all OK.
I see the other RV in the photo didn't far so we'll.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jerrod, I was thinking that the other rigs owner was acting wisely and "knelt" his rig to reduce the amount of wind that could get under it to reduce chances of lifting. But, you may be correct. Hoping for the best and our prayers for everyone affected by this storm. This is one of the reasons we only winter in south Mississippi and stay away during hurricane season. We have had our fill of riding these things out.

avvidclif

Sounds great. The building didn't show much damage either. When I saw your first post my first thought; evacuate and my house will be right behind me. But if you're out of town not much you can do. It is amazing what these things will survive. Be careful opening the fridge after a week off, it might be tough.

terribruce

retired Oregon Chapter Leaders
Wow! So amazing, but glad to see the Landmark is OK and you and family as well. Hope there isn't much work before you can get back out in it again. Good Luck!! Stay safe.:rolleyes:

Razorbackfan

USN Chief
Sorry to hear about the window. Hope they get you squared away quickly with the loss and you can get into a new one soon.

wdk450

When I had a rear window pane broken by a rock thrown from a vehicle spinning its wheels in my storage lot, I looked through the online listings for "automotive glass replacement" in my area (Sacramento), and found an installer who listed RV's in his list of vehicles serviced. He was able to cut and shape a piece of safety glass to the needed dimensions, and even got it to fit into the frame without removing the frame from the trailer. The storage yard guy (who was spinning his car wheels) paid the bill.